a minor moan

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

a minor moan

Post by Rizzo »

we mentioned on a previous discussion about men wearing too much Lynx and aftershave etc.

Today my colleague who has her office across the (narrow) corridor from me has bought some new perfume. Off the market. It "only cost £4.50" and apparently lasts for ages...

did I want to share the perfume? no! Did I want to spend half the morning sneezing? no! I've even closed my door and it's still wafting in like a malevolent alien in cloud-like form off Dr Who....

I get on fine with her, she's a nice girl but PUHLEEEAZE I don't even like overdosing on other people's expensive perfume, never mind something that smells like the price she paid for it.

Rant over. Thank you for your patience :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Have you told her? Or are you hoping someone on here will. :lol:
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

£4.50 perfume is expensive? its better than the smell of B.O. though isn't it. or the smell of ciggies in the lift cause someone's had a sly fag in there! do you have a fan in your office to waft the smell away??
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Or a Window? :)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I have a window and a fan - so does she, and the wind direction is coming from her direction to mine :)

Yes, I guess it's better than BO or cigarettes, but I'll never understand why some people have to drench themselves in scent of any kind. Subtlety should be the watchword!

(besides which she does know that certain strong perfumes, air fresheners etc give me severe headaches and no, I haven't told her direct because short of going home and bathing it all off, she wouldn't be able to remove it whilst at work anyway)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

I'm the same with air fresheners, I don’t like it when people over spray rooms because of a tiny smell, which didn’t smell half as bad in the first place. Surely it can’t be good to be breathing in.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

I've got a complex now, i'm wearing my team karate aftershave and my other one is denim - I'm doomed :lol:
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Manxie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Manxie »

Oh Rizzo, I can sympathise, that sounds horrible. I don't know if everyone remembers Opium and Poison, 2 very,very strong perfumes that were fashionable in the 80's, I once went on a flight where woman was not only wearing it but dropped her duty free bottle putting it into the overhead locker and smashed it. We all had to inhale her disgusting perfume for the next 3 hours. To this day I can't stand the smell.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

argh poor you! its bad enough in the corridor after games when the players come out reeking :P :lol:
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I prefer the smell of White Horse before the game to that!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex