Bridgnorth on BBC News [National]

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sim
Super User
Super User

Bridgnorth on BBC News [National]

Post by Sim »

Ok ok no biggy to you guys but Bridgnorth my little town featured on the National News today, very randomly something about job rates and boring stuff, but how random i mean why Bridgnorth of all places, i was just amazed and wondered if any of you saw it, i mean they didn't really show much but they showed our nice little Bridge, anyway I'll stop boring you now, i just wanted to mention it as i was a but amazed, so did anyone see it?
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Bridgnorth isn't such a bad place - in fact it is pretty nice IMO. The Severn Valley railway and Bridgnorth's high and low town, very old buildings etc. Well worth a feature on BBC News, albeit for the reasons you state. Yes, a bit of fame for Bridgnorth.

You aren't that far from Ironbridge I think. A place some might call the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Yep correct on it all, but i tend to stay away from Low town not such an interesting place or that nice, (how snobby do i sound) for those of you wondering High Town and Low Town there is literally a cliff and it is a vertical drop i.e. High town and Low Town.

But yes it is quite a nice little town not much for kids to do but very touristy and a great place to visit The biggest Inland Finicular Railyway (The Cliff Railway) which is quite cool and as you said not far from Ironbridge which was the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution so all in all a nice little area i live in but to be honist i don't really a ppriciatre it.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

What?? I've never heard anything about that, and all of the evidence and everything at Ironbridge!! :o
(Keeno n' Sim Group)