Lost in Translation

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Lost in Translation

Post by DCat »

In today's Metro:

Cyclists have been baffled by a new road sign which warns "Your bladder disease has returned". The sign - in Welsh - was meant to tell them to dismount at roadworks. But council chiefs made an error using an online translator and confused the words 'cyclists' and 'cystitis'. Amended signs are now being put up as soon as possible in Penarth, near Cardiff.

Welsh-speaking cyclist Matt Lloyd, 27, said: 'When I read the sign I thought someone was having a laugh. I've never even had a bladder disease'.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Thats funny!!!
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

That made me howl! :lol:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Cornish Tiger wrote:That made me howl! :lol:
Isn't that a prelude to mating in your neck of the woods?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Just down St Breward way. We tend to bleat up Boscarne.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Reminds me of last night's scene. A car full of 5 blokes dashing back from 5-a-side hoping to catch as much of the England match as possible in t' village pub.

Horror of horrors we come up behind a herd of cows being slowly driven towards milking.

So progress halted and we just had to sit there glumly watching several dozen cows' backsides slowly trundling towards their destination.

The car driver said bitterly "I suppose they're Parkso's cows." (Parkso being a local dairy farmer.)

The front seat passenger leans forward, peers at them, and says confidently: "No, they're Collishaw's, they are."

As you can imagine there was a BIG debate as to how this man new them so intimately as to tell them apart.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!