HELICOPTER PILOTS LICENSE

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Eye of the Tiger

HELICOPTER PILOTS LICENSE

Post by Eye of the Tiger »

I have been thinking about the thing I would most like to achieve within the next ten years; and though getting a degree and a decent career in the media ranks highly, I would love to get my pilots license. Ever since I flew for my first time by myself to New York (8hr flight), I have been mad on the topic. Recently I took to the skies in a helicopter and flew around the Norfolk coast, it was such an adrenaline rush, especially when he turned into the wind and it dropped about 10 ft in a matter of seconds.
I was looking how at the nearest training facility is between Loughborough and Nottingham; and guess how much it costs for the 45hr course and exams!

£16,100

:o
I mean it would be an nvestment, and looking at the course you need to have a strong heart, no engine landings, that sort of thing. Oh well better start saving lol.
TIGERS RULE!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

You really should try the Grand Canyon, then - awesome, brilliant!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Have you tried gliding? I used to do that as a youngster and it's amazing. Not too expensive, but dad was in RAF so I think we got it cheap from friends. Never forget how scared I was when I first noticed the SILENCE though. No engine! Scary. Great adrenalin rush. There are a lot of schools about at ex-RAF stations. Know there's one at Bicester. Great for seeing nude sunbathers, you can sneak up on them.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Cornish Tiger wrote:. Great for seeing nude sunbathers, you can sneak up on them.
Who's going to tell the Superman and Wonderwoman joke? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Eye of the Tiger

Post by Eye of the Tiger »

Cheers for all your input, I was thinking though would I prefer to cut my costs and get a PPL(Helicopter) or PPL(Plane). Because to fly a Cessena 183 is £5000 so is alot cheaper.
TIGERS RULE!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Kinoulton wrote:
Cornish Tiger wrote:. Great for seeing nude sunbathers, you can sneak up on them.
Who's going to tell the Superman and Wonderwoman joke? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think we might leave it up to you Kin
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Try getting sponsorship, not so easy but airlines will sponosr you to learn and do the process obviously you then have to serve with them for so many years and then they will let you move if you want, but not all airlies do it, i know for a fact that Virgin don't they only take on experienced pilots with so many miles and hours in sky but look into that and good luck.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)