THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Now come on Karen, you know the forum rules. Don't try to use such a disgusting word as c o k e and expect to get it past the censor.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

"...but why is the rum gone?!"

or

"Is this a dream?" "No" "I thought not. If it was a dream, there'd be rum"

*to be said in inebriated Captain Jack Sparrow voice*
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

I've remembered I do have another fear - going down pyramids and being in a tiny space with 50 odd germans - with no air because they were all breathing it. I began to sweat and then shake. Olly had to push them out the way so I could climb up the steps and get out. Poor man, in this country he would have been done for assault!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

[quote="KarenH"]I've remembered I do have another fear - going down pyramids and being in a tiny space with 50 odd germans

is this some kind of ride at alton towers?? :shock: more importantly, how did you initially establish this fear?? a package holiday in egypt?? :shock:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

and how odd were the germans?
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

odd by german standards or odd by ours?? dolores, i think me and you have become karen's online shrink :lol:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

redtiger wrote:odd by german standards or odd by ours?? dolores, i think me and you have become karen's online shrink :lol:
What you two? :shock: :shock: :shock:

One is as mad as a box of frogs and the other is a remorseless slayer of fluffy bunnies.
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

very very odd, they pushed all the British and French and Chinese out of the way to get down the flaming pyramid apart from Olly Sam and me. I didn't want to go in the first place but found myself being dragged down because Olly called me a scaredy pants. He said he would leave me at the top with the beggers and anyway the Germans were not going to be the only ones down there if he had any say in the matter. They were all singing and pretending to be Tarzan and they wouldn't listen to the guides who said there should only be about 30 people down there at the most. See I am becoming paranoid now - help me out shrinkees. But when I flip I flip, and flip I did - big style.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

its a test, done by olly himself. loving his burps and farts are not enough karen he demands more than that. he wants to see if you can pass the ultimate test of his love, to survive a pyramid overfilled with germans. chaucer wrote about it in one of his books, think it was "the zodiac part 6" in which he compiles a list of tests, not just the "german pyramid test" but also tests such as "letting your mate drunkenly put you in a trolley and crash you in bushes test" and the "fitting as many chinese people in a phonebox as you can test" . for god so loved the world that he gave his only phonebox to little 4ft chinese people. amen. but you passed the test and now another german shall never cross your path again.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I've not done the pyramid test, but I've frequently passed the trolley test. Who's passed the "husband shoves you in the hedge on the walk back from the party" test. It's very popular round here. Local husbands think this is hilarious! And they blame you for not walking straight.
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

redtiger wrote:its a test, done by olly himself. loving his burps and farts are not enough karen he demands more than that. he wants to see if you can pass the ultimate test of his love, to survive a pyramid overfilled with germans. chaucer wrote about it in one of his books, think it was "the zodiac part 6" in which he compiles a list of tests, not just the "german pyramid test" but also tests such as "letting your mate drunkenly put you in a trolley and crash you in bushes test" and the "fitting as many chinese people in a phonebox as you can test" . for god so loved the world that he gave his only phonebox to little 4ft chinese people. amen. but you passed the test and now another german shall never cross your path again.
do you know what kiddo, you are right I have passed the test - no germans will ever cross my bleeding path again, even when they put their nice towels onto my sunbed at 6.00 in the morning. I will say Oh deedums a sleepy slightly anhibriated person with an endearing accent has endeavoured to put their cloth of drying onto my abode whence I might sleep after I have partaken in a few beverages but hey I can handle that - because I am above it all - a nice gal
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Cornish Tiger wrote:I've not done the pyramid test, but I've frequently passed the trolley test. Who's passed the "husband shoves you in the hedge on the walk back from the party" test. It's very popular round here. Local husbands think this is hilarious! And they blame you for not walking straight.
Been there and done that.

But worstest was when I was asked to "walk the babysitter home". She was a great big butch 17 year old who could more than look after herself, which was just as well.

She walked along the pavement laughing away to herself as I tried to hold a conversation. My mouth and brain appeared to the thriving on the enormous amounts of drink as I rabbitted on about this and that.

However, my legs were completely Brahms and Liszt. I was vearing right across the road to the far pavement and back again without any control whatsoever of where I was going.

Sometimes I found myself shouting across the road to her as I made some vitally important point and then suddenly I'd notice she was getting closer and closer as my comedy legs decided to re-cross the road yet again.

She thoroughly enjoyed the walk home, having laughed herself hoarse at my expense, but I don't suppose I was offering her much protection. Rather the other way round, I suspect.