Footy keepy ups

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

redtiger
Super User
Super User

Footy keepy ups

Post by redtiger »

does anyone do them? i've just had a serious go for the first time in a very long time and my best was 370!! when i was sixteen i once did about 1500, god i was fit then!! can anyone else do loads?? well proud of myself here!!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Couple of million my best but i lost count of 3.7 mil, lol no i can't do mor than 2 or 3, im terrible but i'm a good goal keeper. :D
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Nope. Usually play footie three or four times a week but I've never been any good at keepy uppy.

Cue for a rude joke there but I won't be drawn!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Nope. My role was to clart the people who could do keepy-uppy into touch. :twisted:
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

yeah and you would wouldn't you - you bully. Try me I can do 11
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Bully? Artist, more like. Shall I compare thee to a well-timed sliding tackle? Thou art more brutal and more studs on show. :P
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

bully you are, bully you always will be. Compare me to a well rounded (I hope) Doberman 18 month old pup. Developed, intelligent, gorgeous, loyal but basically wild. But still with that spring in the step and can quote Lady Macbeth to a tee - also can quote James Cagney in Angels with Dirty Faces shouting "Please I don't want to die, oh Pleeeeese help me" - Ok me old mate you probably knew I was going to say that twaddle but - why not its Thursday, Friday is not far off and drinkee poos is there waiting tomorrow after 6.00. Tally ho my pal
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Fair do's - master of the fine art of on-pitch bullying. I only ever played in geezer positions - right-back and hooker. The coach was probably trying to tell me something. Usually something like "Stop making a fool of yourself trying to do keepy-uppy and get kicking some people". :lol:
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

Gate I used to play a lot of netball in my youth - in fact was quite good. I could do things with a netball you just wouldn't believe. But my favourite part was when the umpire took her eye off the game just for a mo and in that short space of time I would fell one of the opposition -usually my opponent. It could be a stratigically placed elbow or a knock straight to the eye. Of course when the poor girl was crying her eyes out I would look all innocent and say "it wasn't me miss" or "it was an accident".
I truely kid you not I was evil and my team mates became just as bad. Got to the point where no one would play us. We were Leicestershire area champions for 4 years :lol:
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

karen - glad to know im not the only netball player to do that!! another good thing is if you can move your foot slightly they sometimes stupidly fall straight over your foot thats always a good one. or as i found out bend their fingers back while trying to intercept or get the ball - my fingers were black for a week after someone did that to me - tore my tendons couldnt move my fingers for days grrr!!
another good one is if your really stuck and your 3 seconds with the ball are up just power the ball at the opposing teams player and aim for the nose - again it really hurts when it happens (as i know) but it works and you look totally innocent coz you just turn round n say i had to get rid of the ball - oh how ive missed netball

what position did you play in netball??
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

Did your auntie or Mum play in the same netball team as me? Cus how do you know all my secrets you naughty girl. But hey the bendy fingers was definitely one of my favourites. I had it done to me (really hurts) but I remembered the tactic well to cause as much grief as I could. And as for the legging over - our Centre was a master at that, she was so small and fast, that the umpires never realised just what a demon she was. Ahh those were the days. These rugby players would have nothing on us would they ?
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

nope dont think they did!! hehe cant wait to get back and play woohoo!! yeah the bending back fingers is horrible i was in soo much pain and for some reason i carried on playing

rugby players playing netball - they wouldnt have a chance against us!!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You lot don't surprise me. I used to play mixed 5-a-side football. Naturally us gentleman used to try to avoid knocking the girls over but they'd didn't care how much they hurt us.

Violent little minxes.

Mind you if I felt myself falling to the ground I would often tug the offending girl down with me. If she was nice.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

had another go last night. 517 first attempt. then the fitness ran out. wish i was 16 again. man thats a scary thought. even my underconfident days aged 30 are a zillion times better than my confident days aged 16. i'm rambling now. quins looking good. what's this thread about again??
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

Had ago last week. Does it count when the ball suddenly moves towards a glass window, bounce off and get's stuck in a tree (still not touching the floor)? if not, 3.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"