Disliked Songs

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

So many of these songs are either lift music or wedding disco tunes.

But the latest is that nausiating wining woman singing Unfaithful.

For heaven's sake. "I don't want to do this any more."

Well don't then! I don't want to keep getting wazzed up every Friday night and waking up feeling dreadful every Saturday morning, but I'm not going to sing to you about it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

When I said a few, I only meant the odd one! I like Slade's Merry Xmas everybody, too!

A Brimful of Asher is another song that gets annoying for me. So agree with Jan, there.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Here's another of my own. Possibly the worst song ever.

I've got a Brand New Combine Harvester by the Wurzels. The Wurzels must have been one of the worse things to come out of Somerset and the song was grating too.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

simon redshaw wrote:IE - I like "Come on Eileen!" - There you go!
Heretic !
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

And after we've suffered Come On Eileen and Hi Ho Silver Lining, the DJ puts the smoochy one on.

Lady In Red. Ghastly vomit-worthy dirge.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Clare - Gilbert O'Sullivan
Celine Dion - heart will go on
Any warbly women Mariah types, just the one note at once will be fine thanks, Love
Save all your kisses for me and any other Eurovision entry
Most Travis
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Oh God the warbly women (and men) make me cringe.

Even the greats like Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley would certainly put their own interpretation on a song but would at least have the humility to sing the notes as intended by the song writer and not wreck the blinking thing by running up and down the scale 13 times on a one syllable word like "me".
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I can't believe no-one's mentioned And I-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-iiii Will Always Lurrve Yoo-wooo-wooo-wooo-woo--wooo-ooo.

But even that pales into insignificance beside pretty much anything by the Commodores or Lionel "That Evil ******" Richie. Particularly Once, Twice, Three Times ... no, I can't go on. I'm a broken man.
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

that Unfaithfiul song really annoys me.

there are a few that drive me up the wall at the moment, mostly the ones we have to listen to at work. has anyone noticed how radio 2 have about 5 songs that they play all the time?? well all those songs drive me crazy!! have just started a new job and everywhere you go in the buliding radio 2 is on and they are playing those same few songs and ive not quite settled in enough to tell them that their music is rubbish and change it yet!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

You think radio 2 is repetitive ? Have you listened to Leicester Sound or Heart?

Also, at least you can understand what they are singing on radio 2, compared to the rubbish they play on radio 1.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Dailywaffle wrote:

Simon Redshaw wrote:

"IE I like Come On Eileen!" - there you go!

Heretic!

I know, its embarassing! :oops: :oops: It was a song you could dance to at the disco like the Hi Ho Silver Lining and so it sticks with you. Plus the tenous connection of Dexys also being Brummies. Jeff Beck I think comes from round Tunbridge Wells.

Kin, I would certainly agree with you about Lady in Red. A horrible song.

Also the YMCA song. I still can't do all the actions right! :wink:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Oh and to get more recent:

The La La La song or whatever it is called by Kylie Minogue it really gets on your nerves because you feel a kid could have written a better song! :x :x
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Former Prop wrote:You think radio 2 is repetitive ? Have you listened to Leicester Sound or Heart?

Also, at least you can understand what they are singing on radio 2, compared to the rubbish they play on radio 1.
I think you reach an age when Radio 1 goes from being essential to unlistenable. It may even happen overnight !

The transormation happened to me a long time ago ..... but I have yet to turn into a Radio 2 luvvie. I have, however, stored Classic FM on the car stereo (it comes to us all one day !)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Radio 1 used to be all about Bob Marley, MicK Jagger, Roger Daltrey, Van Morrison etc singing about sex & drugs & rock & roll and most of the artists on it had been in custody for wicked offences.

Now it's full of mummy's boys from south London whining on about some girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl that has quite wisely dumped them.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Gate wrote:I can't believe no-one's mentioned And I-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-iiii Will Always Lurrve Yoo-wooo-wooo-wooo-woo--wooo-ooo.

But even that pales into insignificance beside pretty much anything by the Commodores or Lionel "That Evil ******" Richie. Particularly Once, Twice, Three Times ... no, I can't go on. I'm a broken man.
The original version of I Will Always Love You was by Dolly Parton, far better sung and better all round. Came from a reasonably funny oldie film too (Best Little :censored: in Texas) (mmm wonder if the censor block will permit the word :censored:)
EDIT - No, it won't allow that -
An ex-boyfriend bought me a copy of a Commodores record called "Janet" (since that's my name, only everyone calls me Jan). Sadly for him, his romantic gesture misfired when I heard them chorus "Jaaaneeet....they can't understannnnd....it" When I heard the so-called rhyme, I rolled about laughing.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother