Disliked Songs

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Disliked Songs

Post by Former Prop »

This came up in conversation at work the other day.

What songs (or artists) do you actually dislike so much you have to turn off when you hear them?

Mine are Sinead O'connor - Nothing compares to you and Karen Ramirez - Looking for Love (a one hit wonder about 8 years ago) :twisted:

Another song that came quite high in the poll was Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody.

Anyone got any others ? (obviously ignoring all the usual crappy novelty songs)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

James Blunt "You're beautiful" Aaaaghhhhh!!!!!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Kanye West - Gold digger!!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Anything by Phil Collins. Ihate..most music that is called 'dance' is drivel. UB40's 1st single was quite good. But as they have re-released the same tune with different words for the last 25 years, is to say the least grating :roll: Most copies of 70/80's songs done by boy/girl bands are far worse than the best forgotten originals. I could go on but I'm sure this thread will run & run, & I dont want to steal anyone else's thunder.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

1 I forgot 'Smoke on the water' :lol:
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

how long have you got

that annoying "voodo child" song that radio stations keep to$$ing themselves off over
anything by the spice girls
that song that goes "woo hoo, woo hoo hoooo"
d:ream "things can only get better"
natasha bedingfield "these words" or whatever it's called
anything by the kooks
slade "so here it is merry christmas"
any "org*sm" song, you know the ones, mariah carey, whitney houston assorted clone females who scream their head off for 4 minutes and call it a record.

these are not even my top ten, my top ten are so irritating that i can't remember what they are till someone mentions them, i blank them from my memory. oh no here's one -

shaggy - wasn't me. it just goes "a ribba dibba dibba dibba ribba" like all his songs. anyone remember melody maker magazine?? mr agreeable?? that's me that is!!

oooh black eyed peas. holding back the swear words here. i hope they die. nastily.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I think it's easy to sing in such an annoying way that you irritate people beyond belief. Mick Hucknall etc etc

But a song writer that can write a song that is so dire that it would be hated no matter who sang it, is genius.

Contenders:
You're Gorgeous
Easy Like Sunday Morning
Lifted
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

The bird who sings if i was a rich girl of whatever it is called, grrrrr, i used to work in a kitchen and it was played over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on every radio station you just couldn't get away from it. So now it has to go off, the worst thing was it was a catchy tune and i ended up singing it all ythe time.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (if only for all the little kids in 4+ and toddler group hurtling round repeating it endlessly)
The Rasmus - In The Shadows (once described in a review as a turgid waste of musical composition paper sung by a mad-eyed berk with feathers in his hair)

Anything by Christina Aguilera or Celine Dion - but most especially My Heart Will Go On - Lawks if they'd had her bellowing that out on the front of the ship they could have blasted any iceberg with sound waves into pieces
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Sim wrote:The bird who sings if i was a rich girl of whatever it is called, grrrrr, i used to work in a kitchen and it was played over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on every radio station you just couldn't get away from it. So now it has to go off, the worst thing was it was a catchy tune and i ended up singing it all ythe time.
gwen stefani. she's blonde, thin and flat chested, so yeah she's on red's bedroom wall :lol: not into her musically tho. you're the same as me with all the celine dion and christina agriculture stuff rizzo. its so not good
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Wow, some good (or bad! :shock: ) selections there.

We didn't even mention the Celine Dion/Whitney catterwauling at work.

Anymore ?
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

redtiger wrote:
Sim wrote:The bird who sings if i was a rich girl of whatever it is called, grrrrr, i used to work in a kitchen and it was played over and over and over and over and over and over and over again on every radio station you just couldn't get away from it. So now it has to go off, the worst thing was it was a catchy tune and i ended up singing it all ythe time.
gwen stefani. she's blonde, thin and flat chested, so yeah she's on red's bedroom wall :lol: not into her musically tho. you're the same as me with all the celine dion and christina agriculture stuff rizzo. its so not good
Good Stuff red im happy someone is with me. lol
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I am pretty laid back, but there is one song that I detest. Always have done, don't really know why, but it makes me want to reach for the sick bag whenever I hear it.

Come On Eileen (Dexy's)

I'm sure they play it in hell.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

OK, I'm a classical music freak, so don't know much about most of these songs, but the one from donkeys years ago that really got on my wotsits was Agadoo. Terrible song.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Dancing in the Moonlight is the worse one for me as it has been played so many times on the radio! :x :x

Also, James Blunt "You're Beautiful" - Yuk!!

I actually like a few of the others that have been listed - a song that is bad for one person can be good for another.

IE - I like "Come on Eileen!" - There you go!

Musical Trivia for the day:

If any of you have heard of Keane. They went to the big posh school in Tonbridge - Tonbridge School. How did the group get the name Keane? None of them have that surname! Well, they said when they met at school that their group would be named after the surname of the Tea lady at the school. So that's how they were named! I heard that yesterday.

(Nothing much to do with the above but a little bit of trivia!)