Respect for our elders....

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Respect for our elders....

Post by Dave W »

Bit bored at work so decided to go to the local village pub for lunch. Anyway, being 34 years old I was by far the youngest in there but I have never laughed so much in all my life. Got talking to a few of the older guys who were talking about their days in the forces during and after the war - their stories were amazing and still talked with discipline and passion. Don't get me wrong, I served in the Amry myself for 9 years and lvoed every minute of it but to hear their stories and how they spoke about them was fantastic - Me, I had simply forgotten about my time served - just shows you! Good luck guys and thanks for lunch.....
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I bet you made their day being interested too. Good for you. I have an 88 year old neighbour who waffles on about the same chicken breeding stories for hours, and I really struggle to look interested! Do you know he once won a prize at Olympia....have you seen the photographs...bless him.