England win and win the series

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sim
Super User
Super User

England win and win the series

Post by Sim »

England cricket team have come out today and won the third test. Fantastic dyas play. Overnight score 0-0.

Hoggard 1 wicket
Mahmood 4 wickets
Monty 3 wickets
Collingwood RUN OUT
Pieterson RUN OUT.

Fantastic perfomrace i just wish i had have been there and we're looking good ahead of this years Ashes series, although there are a few things that need ironing out.

Just to spoil it the Pakistani supporters are booing both the umpires and Andrew Strauss. Disappointing and totlly un-called for never mind out of character for the sport.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

And they are the fans that DON'T drink beer!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Yep exactly mistakes are always going to happen its part of the game, no-one ever complained about it before the use of technology but now its all here and availble people want to use it. Part of the game is the wrong decisions and the mistakes that the umpire makes, its how cricket has always been and it should continue.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

who needs freddie?? well done straussy and the boys, who got man of the series?? give it to monty i hear you cry!! monty is the man!! :lol: :lol:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

To the tune of "Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag", all together now:

Da da da da da DAH - Monty Panesar....
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i liked the chant on sunday, was it al-haq who knocked his own stumps over?? and the crowd were chanting "he fell over!!" sweet
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Who got man of the match? Can't have man of the series yet - there's still Edgbaston!

What do folks think about Strauss staying as skipper & leaving Freddie (assuming he's fit) to concentrate on what he does best during the Ashes?

Did anyone read the sunday Times article about Monty? Seems like a great lad as well. I do seriously worry about the sledging he will get from the crowd in Oz if he fields near the boundary.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

In all sports there are people who find that the burden of captaincy detracts from their game whilst others thrive on it.

You just have to suck it and see really.

Regarding crowds, I don't know if anyone else heard the anecdote on Radio 5 re Freddie Truman.

Apparently there was a big crowd at Headingly but they were somewhat quiet and nervous as they needed wickets and were failing to make the break through.

Truman had the ball in hand and prior to making his run-up was vigorously rubbing the ball on his trousers, trying to get a last bit of shine out of it.

Suddenly a Yorkshire accent boomed out from the crowd: "Come on Truman. Stop pleasuring the self and get on with it."
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Did I say Edgbaston? I meant the Oval (not the Brit Oval - what is that? I hate renaming of things for the sponsors or whatever! Opinions please)

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Morning Jon.

I totally agree with you, and Debbie about the renaming of stadiums. I think both the Oval and Headingley were renamed as part of sponsorship deals. It was only last year I believe that Headingley was secured from the local council by Yorkshire County Cricket Club and I believe the remaing of the stadium was part of securing their ownership in the long term. The Oval has had a number of names over recent years.

At the end of the day most people will refer to the Oval and Headingley by their traditional names. I would rather they were referred to that generally. although to satisfy the sponsors they would have to be referred by the new names in print.
Last edited by simon redshaw on Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Tsk!

You wouldn't get that sort of thing going on at the Walkers.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

DCat wrote: Did anyone read the sunday Times article about Monty? Seems like a great lad as well. I do seriously worry about the sledging he will get from the crowd in Oz if he fields near the boundary.
Sledging, sledging, RACISM. The Aussie cricket fans are like english football hooligans, they're disgusting. My brother was there last year during the Triangular series and he went to the final between Aus and pakistan, the verbal abuse from the Aus fans was disgusting racism, i don't have to speel out what they were saying but it was appauling apparently.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

AND WHO GOT MAN OF THE MATCH?

Sponsored by Kleenex
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Urrrrrm a Pakistanni player one of the two who got a huge score in the first innings.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Was either Younis Khan or Mohammad Yousuf i have a feeling it was Khan.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)