Smelly things

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Smelly things

Post by DCat »

It's that time of year again - they're spreading some really pungent muck around here at the moment. fine - a good country smell, not a problem. The problem is when that smell combines with either steak & kidney or cheese & onion from the Walkers pie factory at the top of the road! Yuk :cry:

God, please can you change the wind direction?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

it was bad in our place during the heatwave, we have a sewage works near to the office. the air conditioning is rubbish and we were all struggling to cope with the searing heat, but then when we opened the windows to let the cool air in it also wafted the sewage smell in too :cry:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

i cant smell a thing at the moment!! cant taste anything either - well thats when i try to eat - coz i have lost my appetite as well

my mother came back from egypt with a cold (do not ask me how!!) which she gave to my dad and then on my birthday i wake up full of a cold - and today ive been barely able to even move!! woohoo work will be fun tomorro
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

It really annoys me when people say oooo what a horrible smell about muck (i know you're not saying the DCat, its the combined smell) but we have a lot of townies in Bridgnorth and i love a good old country smell i think it shows how commn and iggnorant towns folk CAN BE. But i can see where you're coming from DCat i wiuldn't like the mix.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Hope you get better very soon!

I was walking by a KFC today and the mixture of manure and fried chicken didn't smell too good either!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

sounds nasty!

must be a day for bad smelling things, have had some water samples in today from East Midlands Airport where they clean the planes, was full of airplane fuel and all the other :censored: you get when you wash an aeroplane down and it stunk the whole place out, was not nice at all!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

oo thats not nice!! and i really like the farm smell! well... the proper country farm smell! on a walk we go on there's this farm that always smells really nice when you walk by! (is that bad?!!!)

what does smell bad though is cat food! eurgh its Disgusting... the worst bit about looking after cats... oh :roll: and the litter tray... 2 weeks is bad enough!!! luckily they're coming back on monday! :D
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

oh the worst smell in the world is the smell of a mushroom factory that we frequently drive past. it is absolutely foul.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm with Sim.

Country smells are ace and if you don't like it, go and live in Broxtowe with the other chavs.

My nemesis is when I'm out cycling on a really hot day and I have to go by the Stilton dairy.

Jeeeeeezzzzussss!

You can't breathe!

:lol:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Big Chicken farms. Almost burns your nostrils.

But I think Lynx may be worse :wink:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Oh I SO agree about Lynx - I cannot stand people wafting past in a cloud of deodorant or perfume/aftershave so thick you could cut it - I mean, wear the stuff by all means, I do - but the key word is SUBTLE!

Don't have a problem with muck spreading, although we can smell it when the wind's in that direction. The worst thing for me at the moment is the sludge I will have to clean out of the bottom of my pond. It has to be done - it's filling up the pond and decomposing vegetable matter is bad for the water environment - but standing up to my knees in cold pond water scooping out smelly sludge is not a fun job!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Oh I know - it makes you want to retch.

Did anyone see that disgusting documentary on those cleaners that tacked the more gross end of the market? Person dead for weeks on the carpet stains etc. How on earth they kept their breakfast I don't know. No idea why I kept watching it, except it made the toilet bowl seem such a nice job.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Yes I did CT! They sure have a lot of guts cleaning up all that mess, although someone has to do it I suppose.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

a lot of you are near factories! today someone had put fertiliser down, but it wasnt the proper maure and it wass horrible the wind was bringing it across! was probably in one of the fields out the back somewhere...

and the lynx thing or any aftershave... its fine unless people cover themselves in it! on the school bus people used to cover themselves and it would make my throat really sore from having to breathe it all in!!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I wonder if you can still get Faberge Brut. That smelt like your cat had eaten a packet of patchouli incense and then sicked up in a bowl of pot-pourri.