1day ban? what do you think?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I'm sure your missus is lovely, and a caring horse owner. It's the whole concept I disagree with nowadays. On Bodmin Moor there are ponies, wild, just being ponies. Fantastic. I really no longer like the exploitation of animals in any way. I used to ride when I was a kid, it never dawned on me there was anything wrong with it. Now I really don't like it, but I'm not saying all horse owners are cruel people, they just expect things from their animals that I think are selfish, unfair and unrealistic from the horse's perspective. I think the slave owner analogy is quite good. I feed my horse, I school my horse, I get a vet for my horse, I give my horse something to do, I am kind to my horse - you could substitute the word slave there easily. It's still no freedom, no choice, ownership, domination. And the realms of racing are so much worse.

Anyway rant over. I'm sure you are lovely to them. And I'm sure we won't agree, so never mind. :D
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I am not a "horsey" person, even though my niece-in-law is training at livery stables and has ridden and worked with horses all her life. However, I think a 1 day ban was pretty pointless in this particular case. I disagree that the horse did not react, he quite clearly jerked his head back and was startled, if not necessarily hurt. However, it shows complete loss of control by the jockey, and he will be lucky if he gets given any rides for a while. No owner or trainer would employ a jockey seen to have behaved like that.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm close to agreeing with CT about all animal ownership being a bit slavish, but I think the fantastic relationship and understanding that builds up between horse and owner is one of the better examples of man and beast living in harmony.

There is no way on God's Earth that I would keep a fish in a bowl, a bird in a cage, or subject a dog to the indignity and boredom of walking on a lead.

But horse's are very very sociable pack animals that simply assume that their owner is the pack leader. If the owner wasn't there they would simply take their orders from the dominant horse.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I keep my fish in a large pond, Kinny - will that do? :lol:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

when next door go on holiday i look after their pets... which includes this huge gold fish in a tiny cage... im always tempted to release it! they won it at the circus about 6 years ago and its still alive unfortunatly :( must have such a miserable life!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

Mrs M, im a little confused as to how a gold fish could live in a cage, how would you keep the water in??!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

heyy! i thought this was a nice present! hehe and you know what i mean!!!

a fish bowl :roll:

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I may have to moderate my rose tinted view of the man / horse relationship.

The big one kicked me on Sunday. Quite scary. I was trying to clean out their water bucket in the field when the two of them (Jake and Rudy) came to see what I was up to.

They were really crowding me out so I just stood up and tried to usher them away.

Jake, bless him, deliberately did a 180 degree turn and then let fly is iron clad hoof straight into my stomach.

Bl**dy agony, and I was all alone in the middle of 100 acres.

Later on quite a few young ladies turned up and realising I was in quite a bit of pain they plied me with wine and sympathy. So it wasn't all bad!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Ah, the sweet sound of the rising oppressed. :D They harbour deep hatred!

Sorry to hear about your stomach though, Kin.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I don't mind so much when the worm turns. But it's a bit much when several ton of horse turns.

Apparently he's very valuable as a dressage horse so I can't even threaten to turn him into dog meat.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

at least it didnt get you in the mouth! when my uncle was young one got him in the mouth :? very painful im sure!

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

A kick in the mouth. Wow! :shock:

Any way folks, aren't we letting CT off the hook here? All this pro - animal liberation stuff - from a person that wants to exterminate rabbits? :lol:
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

ooh, when i was younger my family was walking through a field with a couple of horses, and not really knowing any better i went up to stroke them, and one of them kicked me in the bum!

once after i fell off one of my old ponies he trod on my knee which was pretty painful, i fell in a ditch once, last time i went to pony club camp i fell in the water jump which caused a lot of amusement!
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Kinoulton wrote:Any way folks, aren't we letting CT off the hook here? All this pro - animal liberation stuff - from a person that wants to exterminate rabbits? :lol:
HA. Wondered how long that would take! I am appalled at my own hatred of the fluffy bunny. I hate myself. And I am all talk. I haven't killed any successfully at all. The dog's only notched up 2. They are winning hands down at the battle of the veg patch. And the jays have joined in and nicked all the fruit. I am not anti killing animals I am anti exploiting them. Quite different in my book. To me, to blast the brains out a bunny who has been nicking all my veg is fair. Wild bunny, it's a tough world, take your chances. Making a horse jump over stuff all day when it would rather be on the moor munching, and then waffling on about the relationship between man and beast - deluded, slow pervasive cruelty. People ride horses because they like riding horses - not for the horse's good, so spare me the twaddle. I don't like killing bunnies. In fact I hate it. I am useless at killing them because of their fluffy little faces and floppy ears. I'm just trying to grow a lettuce here!

But you, of course, have a point, Mr Kinoulton. I can see the irony! I am not exactly PC greenpeace material. :wink:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Ha ha!

So you only have a dog so you can train it to kill bunnies.

Boooo!!!

Hunting with dogs is banned you know?

Supposing I could train one of my horses to kill your bunnies?

:lol: