Great easy tab?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Great easy tab?

Post by Cornish Tiger »

My major hobby at the moment is trying to be a rock star. Anyone know any great relatively easy riffs (tab only, I'm a stave moron).

My favourite at the moment is the intro to Hero of the Day, Metallica (surprised?) cos you can play it over and over and never get bored and it's all bassy and sexy sounding.

What's yours?
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

My lad has a bass guitar and the first one he came out with was 'Smoke on the Water'. Good man - I've trained him well
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Good work Debs!
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

my bro jus got a drum kit for his bday he can play the opening part of greenday wake me up its awesome!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Cool. I can play that one all through too. And Boulevard of Broken Dreams. They sound good and aren't too hard.

Have spent the evening getting Metallica - Fade to Black right. Nearly there. My fingers are really getting calloused!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Surgical spirit is good for that. Stings a bit, but helps the callouses harden up enough so that you don't cut yourself to ribbons every time you play.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

One we've mentioned on another thread: Spirit of Radio by Rush is good to play and not difficult.

Going Underground by The Jam is good but only possible if you play it right up the neck.

Sultans of Swing can be played with loads of open strings.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

The boo ba ba go joo nuk, sorry im just talking rubbish, i haven't a clue, but good luvk with it Cornish.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Great easy tab?

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Cornish Tiger wrote:My major hobby at the moment is trying to be a rock star. Anyone know any great relatively easy riffs (tab only, I'm a stave moron).

My favourite at the moment is the intro to Hero of the Day, Metallica (surprised?) cos you can play it over and over and never get bored and it's all bassy and sexy sounding.

What's yours?
Hi hon

Check out ultimateguitar.com for all the tabs you'll ever need. I play guitar too albeit electro acoustic as I love folk and folk rock. We really do have quite a bit in common. I read music though and don't understand tab. :P
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You read music? Woe!

I like it when I just stick a couple of stubby fingers over some strings, find it sounds nice and then check what it is.

Sometimes I find I've played a G#m7 with triple-salco and extra fries and I feel really clever.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Only done the basics so far so I'm not at the clever stage yet. :-) Will be spending a lot more time practicing now I've got rid of the ex!! 8)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Every cloud........ :lol:
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

CT: Get the tabs for Lynyrd Skynyrds Freebird! (the beginning bit) :lol: !!! It's a piece of pee or Bad Co, Feel Like Makin Love or Green Day, Good Riddance Time of Your Life, all dead easy chords. Go and practice and don't come back until you've mastered a good un.

P.S. THE GOOD RIDDANCE (TME OF YOUR LIFE) GOES OUT TO RICHARD!!!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Thanks Ashby. You see where would we be without ya! I'll try Freebird, good plan. have been struggling with Stairway to Heaven and have just about got it except the solo which is too hard for my brain to remember. Like Greenday and haven't tried Time of Your Life - so will do that later tonight. I have a stack of print outs of tab, but some are just so hard to make sound like the song, as the timing is never on tab. I've tried stave but I really am too stupid.

Let's start a band!:lol: My son is looking for a bassist and singer for his band and I've tried jumping up and down in front of him doing star jumps and yelling me me me, but it doesn't appear to be working? :roll:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Sim wrote:The boo ba ba go joo nuk, sorry im just talking rubbish, i haven't a clue, but good luvk with it Cornish.
Hey, thanks Sim. That was really special! :wink: