Bestest thing I ever bought/was given.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Orla, what a lovely story. I have a few things from my late foster mum who died in 1990. Just SO important and special.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

KarenH wrote:
I feel Spud will feel sadness for him and a little for me :cry: Woe is me and Sid the Wid or Sid the Unique - (thats a nice way of putting it)
I've no idea what blue bricking is! I presume they don't mean they're going to have your dog damp proofed.

Spud will understand. Here is a dog who has so many scrapes he has his own parking space at the vets, but he always comes back tale wagging and looking for the next piece of mischief.

This weekend's lesson learned was "Electric Fences Really Hurt".

Most of the other dogs have, at some point, got a belt from the electric fence that surrounds Wonky Donkey's paddock. Most of them have concluded that it must be the donkey that hurts, or maybe the entire field, and they stay right away.

Spud has worked out that he only needs to keep low under the bottom tape and he's fine.

His achilles heel though is actually his stiff tale which sticks up in the air like the pole off the back of a dodgem car. He frequently catches the bottom tape with it and until this weekend had gotten away with it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I think I can imagine what blue bricking is, but it does sound rather painful. I take it Spud is still his own man?

Anyway Karen, hi me old matey - I gather things aren't as they should be. Are you going to the Toulon game? A spot of rugger on the horizon might brighten things up - or have I said the wrong thing?

Just to make you smile, perhaps, my 6 foot blase son, who fears nothing (he says) comes gently tapping on the bedroom door at around midnight, and says there's something funny going on in the garden & it's freaking him out. Anyway, his equally fearless mother goes down to look (with her son hiding behind her) and it turns out to be a couple of rutting hedgehogs! Aw, bless.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

dont worry, im taking extra care of it!!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Sorry to be morbid but the best thing ever given to me was my life last Tuesday when I tried to end it all with an overdose of tablets.

My ex had been lulling me into a false sense of security by taking me out again and texting me and phoning me and as I love(d) him, was hoping we'd make another go of it. He then decided to pull the plug and confess that he didn't love me at all (basically was just using me)!!!! :cry:

It confused me to hell and tipped me over the edge and I fell hard. I'm back now as luckily I have a fantastic boss and colleague who sensed something was wrong and came and saved me. I was told I had about 3 hours to go before I'd have died.

I have some amazing friends who have rallied around to help me get on with things. So I have my life back and am now trying hard to get over him. This is not something I have ever done before or will be doing again. (He never came near even though I had told him I had had enough of the mental pain he'd put me through).

Apart from that ferrets are my best possessions, they make me laugh so much and are fantastic characters. :P (and of course I love my guitar). :shock:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Rock Chick, when you've gone through what you have, and got to that terrible low, then I know you don't want people saying the usual: "He's not worth it", "Life's too precious" etc etc because for a start you know that your self and for another nagging isn't what you want.

And we've all done it. I clung and clung and clung to a girl that clearly had got fed up with me and just enjoyed stringing me along a bit. It was one of the darkest points of my life.

But when I finally snapped out of it (I don't know what triggered it) and started going out with my mates and dating any girl that would go out with me (such low standards :D ) it was suddenly the best time of my life.

It was like someone had switched the sun back on, taken a big weight off my shoulders, set me free, and errr that's enough metaphors for now.

Just rock on!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thanks Kinny, you're a star. Big hugs. :lol:

he really isn't worth it, you are so right, just lead me along until he was free to do as he pleased the dumped me. I had said it would happen after the wife left and he got his house back.

However, I have already started to make plans. I'm off to the Munster friendly with a friend, my friend is throwing a party for me at her pub to get the old me back and I'm currently texting two interested guys!!! Life is getting better by the minute. Woo hoo.

My mad sense of humour will keep my going!!! :twisted:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Good going Ashby. If you want a good moan, pm me. :D
And as Kinny so brilliantly put it - Rock On

The man is turning into some sort of quotable god - even while on emergency jokes only strike. Amazing. :D
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Hi Ashby,

Have been so so close to what you describe. Have counselled many and picked up many pieces. As said already.....PM me if you'd like to.

Graham.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:Sorry to be morbid but the best thing ever given to me was my life last Tuesday when I tried to end it all with an overdose of tablets.

My ex had been lulling me into a false sense of security by taking me out again and texting me and phoning me and as I love(d) him, was hoping we'd make another go of it. He then decided to pull the plug and confess that he didn't love me at all (basically was just using me)!!!! :cry:

It confused me to hell and tipped me over the edge and I fell hard. I'm back now as luckily I have a fantastic boss and colleague who sensed something was wrong and came and saved me. I was told I had about 3 hours to go before I'd have died.

I have some amazing friends who have rallied around to help me get on with things. So I have my life back and am now trying hard to get over him. This is not something I have ever done before or will be doing again. (He never came near even though I had told him I had had enough of the mental pain he'd put me through).

Apart from that ferrets are my best possessions, they make me laugh so much and are fantastic characters. :P (and of course I love my guitar). :shock:
some bird was on bbc morning news the other week with a couple of ferrets extolling the virtues of them and why they make good pets and stuff, the newsreaders wouldn't touch them and were scared but they did look really cute and quite harmless little b*ggers. Anyway, to throw my tuppence in, i suggest saving up and going travelling abroad, been abroad a few times on my own and there's just nothing better than the nervous arenalin you get from bein in a foreign country to fend for yourself. the last thing you'll be thinkin of is fellas, stress and doin stupid pointless suicide type stuff. Save hard and just do it. go to new zealand for a few months, iain can help you out on any advice. you'll love it. just watching the savings going into your bank is good for the soul.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

i know what you mean! im saving up for my gap year (SA for the lions tour and NZ) and when i got to £1000 i felt so proud bearing in mind i'd never saved anything before!!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

travel the world kaye! belfast, ballymena, portadown, [london]derry, omagh, coleraine, enniskillen ... the world is your oyster :roll:
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Missed out Portrush there, Jamesie - you stay-at-home boy. :wink:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Nice signature there Gate. :wink:
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ulster_jamesie wrote:travel the world kaye! belfast, ballymena, portadown, [london]derry, omagh, coleraine, enniskillen ... the world is your oyster :roll:
Hey Jamsie, when are you in!!! I've travelled a fair bit of that already. Gonna have a look at Southern Ireland soon. Got friends in Cork & Tipperary and then maybe off to Canada as friends there too. :D

That's my new bestist possession, my Tom Tom sat nav. :lol: