Bestest thing I ever bought/was given.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Bought: My Suzuki GSXR 750K3
Given: My children, 2 with 1 on the way, by my gorgeous wife (slushy I know.....)
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I've only had my Zen a few months and yeh you're right, they have been around for a long time but they';re not that well knows, many people buy ipods for the nma eand that why they're so expensive because you're paying for the label, unfortunanaly Creative Labs aren't that well known. I'm glad to know you're ipod hasn't gone cuput!! :lol:
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Sim wrote:I've got no idea what the best thing i've bought is, i'll get back to you, although it might be my Creative Zen, Cheap for what it is, cheaper than ipods, sturdier than ipods, more reliable than ipods, don't brake unlike ipods, and does all the same as an ipod.

Jess how can an ipod be the best thing you've bought, unless yours didn't brake, but most of my mates hav broken, they're shocking and its disgraceful how unreliable and rubbish most of them are.
sim - I've superceded my Zen with a dinky little purple Sony. The sound quality's much better (not so tinny on the high notes). Best thing if IPods don't work, go through all the remedial things on their website, say they don't work, so they suggest you send it in, and they send you a replacement. Did that with my daughter - be bought the original on the February day when we played Newcastle (was that 2005?) so that means she's had one for 18 months now! Record!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Started this thread.

Wish I understood what the hell you lot are on about!!!!!!!

I thought a Zen was a Bhuddist.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

madoqua wrote:Started this thread.

Wish I understood what the hell you lot are on about!!!!!!!

I thought a Zen was a Bhuddist.
Me too.

Mind you, maybe these young techno geeks don't know what a Stratocaster is either.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

Kinny :lol: whats a stratocaster me ol mate
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

KarenH wrote:Kinny :lol: whats a stratocaster me ol mate
It's an electric guitar made by Fender. Favoured by people like Hendrix.

People put a lot of store by exactly what model you have.

My stepson took my poor neglected 30 year old one down to the music shop to have it "serviced". The musicians that work there were so taken with it that they wanted to keep it for a while and offered all sorts of inducements.

It's rather wasted on me as I'm rubbish at playing!
Blob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Blob »

Kinoulton wrote:
KarenH wrote:Kinny :lol: whats a stratocaster me ol mate
It's an electric guitar made by Fender. Favoured by people like Hendrix.

People put a lot of store by exactly what model you have.
Whats Hendrix :D :wink:

Creative is a brand of music pkayers, like Ipods, and Zen is a type of Creative i think, like Ipod Nano or something. Then again, it may be the whole name is Creative Zen and people just call it Zen as its shorter.

Anyway, i got a new Zen MicroPhoto yesterady, and the one thing i have to say is that the touch pad is one of the most annoying things i've ever tried to work. You try to go down one in the list, and it jumps two. try togo up 1 and it jumps 2. This repeats for 5 minutes as i get increasingly frustrated!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yes, well Jimi Hendrix was a singer and instrumentalist in a popular beat combo of the day called the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

They had a series of top 40 hits and were very often played on the wireless by people such as Jimmy Saville and would appear on rock & roll television shows like Juke Box Jury, Ready Steady Go, and The Lulu programme.

Ta-da pop pickers!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

er, my world cup ticket, my lucky tigers badge ( til it broke ), pulse and wax doctor's "bounty killaz pt 1" for only £6.00, ticket for my porsche driving day, the first super furry animals album. best thing i was ever given has been recently actually, a father figure :lol: oh and a driving licence he he :lol: well, best thing i was given in a clean sense anyway :wink:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Still think my VW Eos is out of this world.

Nearly, (mushy time coming) as special as my 2nd non money grabbing wife. Bless her.
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

signed michael caine autobiography from the man himself after parky a year or two ago... awesome!!! doesn't get any better than that :D :D :D
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

still no ble..ding wiser but will learn I promise.

Here's one for the men - what does blue bricking a dog mean. Nasty little swine my Syd

I have just had Syd made into a gent, and lots of men have said, "give him to me and I will blue brick him" Should I thank them or give them a kick in the never regions. Syd hates me :cry:

Sorry Iain for going off topic, not been on for so long but in depths of despair - my one and only doesn't love me any longer and I felt me mates could help me out. I feel Spud will feel sadness for him and a little for me :cry: Woe is me and Sid the Wid or Sid the Unique - (thats a nice way of putting it)
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

a gold cross and chain that my mom and dad got me the day i finished my chemo. means the world to me, get so upset when i misplace it/break it. done one of each. although i lost it for about 2 months and it honestly, inexplicably turned up on my kitchen table. was really creepy.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Yes that is very creepy. Something was telling you, Orla, that you are always meant to have the chain and cross and treasure it!