The Confession

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I remember going on a pub crawl in central Nottingham. A well known route: Hearty Goodfellow, Trip To Jerusalem, Royal Children etc etc.

One of my colleagues, a huge fellow who looked like Rory McGrath only much bigger, was on crutches after breaking his leg.

He was the fastest thing ever. He was like lightening between the boozers. His crutches whirling round like windmills and his "good" leg propelling him forward like a kangaroo on acid.

12 pints later he hadn't slowed down at all.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Is Nottingham going for prize for most bizarre pub names? Whatever happened to the Nags Head? Interestingly has anyone ever been to a nice Nags Head or are they ALWAYS dumps?
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The Nags Head in Harby (Vale of Belvoir) is quite nice.

But on a similar note, have you ever been seriously tempted to eat / drink / sleep at any place called The Railway Hotel?
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Know what you mean. Tend to be a bit "by the hour", with 1930's decor (original). The minute the door squeals shut and the old fart dodders out, you inwardly scream "Argh. I've made a terrible mistake"
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

CT,

Could you tell me about these "by the hour" hotels please?

I know nothing of such things.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Erm. Not really. But I often stay in cheap hotels around Kings Cross when I visit customers in London. And there's a lot of coming and going...and arguing. My favourite place is quite clean, but I love the bathroom. It's so small you can sit on the toilet, brush your teeth at the sink and have a shower at the same time. I'm never late for meetings!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Tell me about these customers.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

:lol:
Afraid they're more your cup of tea than mine. Almost all white middle class privately educated lovelies in publishing. All called Sarah or Caroline. Except the wonderful Jamie who I do like to gaze at. But then so do all the Carolines and Sarahs so I don't get much of a look in. The room's so damned small I don't think he'd fit anyway.