live bands

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

live bands

Post by no.1ellisfan »

just wondering what bands you guys and gals have seen live and who's the best band you've seen?

me and my mate are getting to be a bit of a gig junkie, was at the Brian Adams concert last night and had a great time. the support act Reamonn were amazing, well worth checking out if you get a minute.
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i have been to see precisely 0 bands. how sad am i!
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Not been to many but Madness and Blondie were great as was a Queen Tribute one. I like the older bands more.
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

thats not sad Jess, you just havent got round to doing it yet. my first gig was the chilli peppers one a few weeks back but am getting addicted to the live music thing now having got such a buzz from the chilli's and bryan adams
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

red hot chili peppers
foo fighters
beastie boys
super furry animals about 5 times
muse twice
coldplay but left early cause got bored
mogwai
embrace
fun lovin criminals
the charlatans
the dandy warhols
tom vek
idlewild twice before they went rubbish
kasabian
the prodigy
faithless
jet
mansun
pulp
spiritualised
er and loads of bands people have prob not heard of from my youth, like symposium, silver sun, arab strap.

chili peppers, faithless, pulp all really really good live, and the beasties too
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

wow, thats quite a list red! you reckon any of them were better than the chilis? we were having a hard time imagining anyone who was quite as good as they are live!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I have been to more than I care to think about, plus the Reading Festival twice and the Big Day Out in Auckland.
Ones that stick in my head in no particular order:

Manic Street Preachers 4 times
Muse 3 times
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Radiohead
Beastie Boys
Flaming Lips
Brian Wilson
Idlewild
Rage Against The Machine
Pulp
Polyphonic Spree
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Weezer
Ash
Faithless
Suede
The Libertines

Plus many more besides. Remember my first gig being Catatonia at Leicester Uni when I was 15, and then Mansun at De Mont uni not long after. This is just a small sample of some of the bands i've seen, I spent a vast proportion of my student loan going to gigs!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I've never heard of half the names on those lists! I wouldn't mind going to on or two of the newer ones or the Manics for instance if they were still touring. My list must seem very old-fashioned to many on here! :( :(
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

simon redshaw wrote:I've never heard of half the names on those lists! I wouldn't mind going to on or two of the newer ones or the Manics for instance if they were still touring. My list must seem very old-fashioned to many on here! :( :(
Don't worry Si, i haven't either (though i suppose i do have an excuse as i am younger than you)! By the way, saw the Notts-Lancs match yesterday was abandoned after 20 or so overs yesterday
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Iain wrote:I have been to more than I care to think about, plus the Reading Festival twice and the Big Day Out in Auckland.
Ones that stick in my head in no particular order:

Manic Street Preachers 4 times
Muse 3 times
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Radiohead
Beastie Boys
Flaming Lips
Brian Wilson
Idlewild
Rage Against The Machine
Pulp
Polyphonic Spree
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Weezer
Ash
Faithless
Suede
The Libertines

Plus many more besides. Remember my first gig being Catatonia at Leicester Uni when I was 15, and then Mansun at De Mont uni not long after. This is just a small sample of some of the bands i've seen, I spent a vast proportion of my student loan going to gigs!
mansun were quality, saw them at liverpool l2, paul draper threw his guitar into the crowd at the end of the gig. just remembered i also saw the coral, the libertines and the zutons in a big top in new brighton a few summers ago. missed some of the coral tho cause lisa my girlfriend at the time got hurt in the mosh pit. only time i crowd surfed tho was symposium at the lomax, ended up on stage and shook hands with the lead singer. also once offended the lead singer of idlewild, the amusingly nmed roddy woomble when i said "dont you think your new sound is a bit like REM??" :roll:

best band prob seen tho i missed off my list. a midlands band called six by seven, think they're still going actually!! i was same as iain, always gigging during my student days :lol:
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Never seen any famous ones but i set up at all of the band nights at our school which are pretty good, i'm a bit of a techy. he he :shock:
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

sim, get gigging lad. live music, beers sessions and lots of student chicks in a state of semi undress :lol:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

METALLICA!

Oh I'm SO predictable. REM were brilliant if you're feeling more mellow. Jam, Clash, Style Council. Steel Pulse were really good live (old reggae band) But no chance of seeing any of them any more really. Trivium and Stone Sour were great but don't risk the mosh if you're 5ft3 and skinny! Weirdy - Right Said Fred were fun. Hopefully seeing Feeder in a couple of weeks, and Motorhead in November. Really didn't like the Zutons - only band I've seen recently that disappointed.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

oooh jealous now you've seen metalica, would love to see them. never seen ian brown or placebo yet tho, two of my favourite musicians ever.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

That would be quite a list - bands you WANT to see! Pearl Jam at Reading this year. I shall be glued to telly dead jealous. Velvet Revolver, Pantera, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, The Who, Genesis but with Peter Gabriel, not the newer stuff, Thin Lizzy, Kaiser Chiefs, Megadeath, System of a Down, AudioSlave (or Rage AtM), Sound Garden. What a great festival that would be...when would you pee? Shame half of them are dead.
Don't mess with The Mothers!