freddie flintoff **breaking news**

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ulster_jamesie

freddie flintoff **breaking news**

Post by ulster_jamesie »

not good i'm afraid... could be out for the rest of the summer as he has to have an operation on his ankle :cry: will miss rest of the summer and possibly [gulp...] :shock: the ashes! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

:shock:
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

exactly jess ":shock:" indeed! was listening to nasser and willis on telly, and they reckon he should be fixed in time for the ashes... i :censored: hope so... it's like the rooney scenario all over again :?
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

our batting looked fairly solid in the last test, but we really need his bowling.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

We need Simon Jones back as well....his reverse swing is crucial for the winter's battle
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Mike Atherton was very critical this afternoon of the England approach to injuries and lack of communication between the ECB and the counties for whom the England centralised players do occasionally play. Also, bringing over unfit players for the tour of Australia.

Certainly, England are getting far too many recurrent or new injuries.

Lets hope Freddie gets back to full fettle by the Ashes tour. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It would be nice to have Simon Jones back too. However, I am not very certain on that.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

While I think Athers had a point in this case, I do feel that he is inclined to do England down at every opportunity. Just listen to him during the next test and you'll see what I mean.

They were saying on that Paul Allott programme this morning (another character that I fain faintly irritating, but am not sure why) they were saying that we have five or six batsmen with averages in the mid to late 40s, which is really good, but we need to get our bowling up to scratch. Why on earth they didn't York the opposition a bit more in the last test, I don't know.

Any news on whether Jimmy Anderson is ever going to play again? Talent and rather tasty as well :oops:
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex