The Hot Weather has broken (At least for a little while!)

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

How come it took so long!! Do the Mendips form a natural barrier!

Its fine here, which is just as well as I will be off before long to Guildford to watch Surrey vs Kent in the Pro 40 Division 2.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i don't know, obviously they do!

but it's sunny again now :D :D :D
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Had a couple of cracking storms yesterday in NW Leicester City. Some lightning strikes very close by - slightly scary.

My boss saw Patrick Stewart in A&C at Stratford - she said he had the audience in the palm of his hand throughout, totally captivating as an actor.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Debbie, having seen Patrick Stewart in a play in London I can very much vouch for your last comment.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

we had a smallish storm around 6am yesterday (Saturday) very little lightning, but thunder and about 20 minutes rain.,

Then by about 4pm it got darker and darker, more and more humid, and we had a huge terrific thunderstorm, torrential rain and gusty winds for about an hour, then light rain for about another hour. Freshened things up nicely.

(Note to self: running into conservatory with wet feet on to lino flooring results in bruised hip and ankle)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I took my daughter and her friends up to the high ground overlooking Long Clawson to show them our donkey.

From high up there we could see the storms heading our way across Leicestershire. It was very spooky as there were funnels coming out of the clouds that almost looked like tornados.

Then all hell broke loose. Powerful swirling winds, black skies, constant and lightening. The poor donkey was going mental because all the horses were in their stables and he was out there on his own.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

There were indeed funnels in the clouds as the storm built up, Kinoulton. I took some photos (I sometimes post on a weather/stormwatch forum) and in one it shows a funnel quite clearly.

looks like another bout of storms Thursday and friday - YAY!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother