That'll teach me

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sorry to hear you didn't go to the cricket Iain!! Best to be safe with your injury. You missed Leicestershire trouncing Kent. Kent 153-5. Leics 156-1 (18 0vers) . Mind you its not that hard beating Kent these days. Now for the real stuff in the semi-finals! :wink: Hope you are fit enough in time to see those if you have managed to get a ticket!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Off to Newquay Sim! You can stay anywhere in Cornwall from wherever you stay. Ultimately though, staying in Newquay means I can go out and anaesthetise the leg with alcohol!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Yeh that sounds very fun, if your leg wasn't bad would you be out surfing??
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

One of the reasons I wanted to go to Cornwall in the first place! Learned to surf in Byron Bay in Australia and regularly went surfing in Raglan in New Zealand when I was over there. Obviously living in Leicester has limited my ability to surf since I was back, so I was looking forward to Cornwall to get back into it. Now this. Bah.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Wow, tats so amazing really my brother learnt to surf in Byron Bay last year, and he has a T-shirt from there and everything, he has pictures and everything, this is weird, what are the chances (maybe quite high but its cool)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Its actually quite a popular place to learn to surf and Byron Bay is quite renown for it. With the amount of people who now go backpacking in Australia its almost becoming a "must-do" when off travelling around there. I did a two day course and by the end of it was able to stand up and catch the white fairly competently.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Byron Bay sounds great Iain as does Raglan. I am not into surfing just because of the fact that I am scared stiff of it. However, I have tried and enjoyed other adventure activities like jet boating and white water rafting in NZ - Queenstown and other areas and also white water rafting in Peru. So I am not afraid of certain adventure activities. I also did the glacier walking on Franz Josef Glacier on the North Island of New Zealand.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Franz Josef glacier is on the South Island for definite! I did that as well, one of the best things I did on my travels I thought!

Gah... all this talk of doing active stuff...making me more annoyed that I can't actually do it!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

:oops: A memory moment! :oops: :oops: You're very right! It is a superb experience and you get a nice certificate too. But then so much else is about countries like NZ.

I read a couple of interesting articles yesterday on the train from Redhill to Guildford. One was about Lake T..I..T...I...CACA which takes in Peru and Bolivia in its entirety and the boat journeys on it are superb. In Inca tradition I think it is where the Sun and Moon were created? You see some Reed Islands too. I also saw a school were the children spoke in Spanish, Quechan, English and Japanese!! And possibly another language too! The other was about the rafting in Uganda where you ending go over a waterfall - very scary indeed!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I was planning to go to Byron Bay but dependiong on how i get on when i apply for the police all depends on whether i will be travelling. If i get through which i so hope i do then i'll have to make plans to travel at other times, but when i go to Aus Byron Bay will be a certainty for me. My bro managed to stand up on his first go so i've got something to live up to now, grrrr!
(Keeno n' Sim Group)