That'll teach me

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Iain - are you in Cornwall the weekend of 5th and 6th? You may not be able to go surfing but Newquay are holding the ripcurl boardriders event at Fistral Beach so you can watch some world class. It's the biggest in Europe, you get all the big boys. And then in the evening at Watergate Bay there is a rock festival - Feeder, Starsailor, some old Blur guitarist, and a mate of my daughter's band Marvin and the Gayes (they're very good, honestly). And the best named band ever - Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly! Also if you're into wood pushing there's a skate event too same weekend.

Enjoy your cricket.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

What are incapacity benifits, do the governemtn goive them to you if you can't work for some reason or other??

It almost sounds alright if they're half decent!! :?
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Sim wrote:What are incapacity benifits, do the governemtn goive them to you if you can't work for some reason or other??

It almost sounds alright if they're half decent!! :?
as a serving civil servant, i can confirm that incapacity benefits are given to people who want to get two weeks off work on the sick, but tehn claim extra benefit for several years afterwards on the sly
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

the automatic are also playin ripcurl coz i was gunna get down there tooo but money is short and cant be bothered figuring out how to get down there!!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Iain wrote:It was some new fangled new rubber grass thats as close to real grass as you can get red. Was on one of the courts at Hinckley United's ground. In reality could have been any surface, wouldn't have made a difference. Just the way I landed unfortunately (my foot folded under me and my ankle toucking the ground!)

Definitely played my last game for my cricket club this summer, real shame as I was beginning to hit form with my bowling! Looks like I am reduced to keeping the scorebook tomorrow!
thats proper unlucky that iain, didn't realise how easy it is to injure yourself until i fell down a step yesterday and nearly twisted my ankle!! and that was before i'd even had a pint. off to play footy myself in a mo, the field opposite my house is quite pot holed in places its not an easy surface!! :?
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

100%rugbygirl wrote:the automatic are also playin ripcurl coz i was gunna get down there tooo but money is short and cant be bothered figuring out how to get down there!!
Are they good then, Kate? I don't know them. We have a caravan in the grounds if you want to kip in it over the weekend. Pm me if you want to stay. (not luxury, but cute) You can get a train to Bodmin & we could pick you up or you could get a taxi. We're about 3 miles away. I'm going with my sister who's down for a few weeks staying in St Austell. We have to get there early though so we can catch Jim's band who are the first act. And stay late to see Feeder. Easygoing household though. You'd be very welcome. Ben is going with his girlfriend, and Rebecca with her boyfriend, but I think they're making their own way. So I could prob fit you plus 2 in the car there and back if you want. Van sleeps 3 comfortable, 4 if you're a contortionist!
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

thats really sweet of you!!! but im running desperatly short on money so its not really an option!! plus i think i might be going to see them in cardiff soon so its ok!! really nice of you to offer though :D the automatic sing the song monster - being played quite a bit at the moment!! hope you enjoy the festival though

and a big thanks again!!!! :D :D :D
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

one of the subjects and exams i took this year (and passed) was mobility training. so i am now capable of teaching people to use crutches!! nearly killed myself during the practical sessions though, as i am terrible on the things.
i once burst 2 blood vessels, chipped a bone n strained some ligaments in my left ankle and had to walk around on it because i literally couldnt use the crutches. so i know how you feel iain!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

:D No probs, Kate. Hope you get to see them in Cardiff. I just have this mission at the moment that everyone should get to do everything they want to do. You are only alive the once. Rock concerts are very important. We all need to go to more rock concerts. And rugby matches. Husband just got us tickets for the 7s. Yey! And everyone should chill in Cornwall because it is fantastic.
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

i must have been lucky then!! managed to walk with crutches really easily - even managed round liberty stadium on them after my operation!! its easy once you get into it
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

yeah was meant to be seeing the automatic tonight but the lack of money and lack of anyone to come with me put a stop to it!! plus the one in cardiff is a free gig n not long after my birthday so thats not tooo bad!!

did something i never thought i would do while i was on holiday - i danced with an italian in the middle of the hotel reception - was weird and i was soo nervous (i have 2 left feet) but it was fantastic!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Sympathies Iain.

I played football on Sunday. I was chasing a through ball knowing all I had to do was catch up with it and I was one-on-one with the keeper.

Just got within a toe-poke of it when I was cruelly and cynically hacked down from behind.

I'm not one for rolling around so I quickly sat up to see who the culprit was.

There, grinning down at me was my 6'4" 21 year old stepson. The git!

I spent the rest of the day pretending it didn't hurt.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Dave Angel wrote:
Sim wrote:he he he sounds painful, but hey paid time off work??

If only that were true Sim.

Unfortunately for Iain, he lost his job a week or so ago so now no paid sick leave for him either! :cry:
How come he lost his job??????? Did he spend too much time Moderating???? :wink:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It was my decision Ashby... resigned as I got fed up with it for a number of reasons. This damn injury has curtailed the job search now though!
Not going to the Twenty20 as getting through the crowd would have been awkward, as would keeping my leg elevated. I've given up my ticket to another mate.

Off to Cornwall on Thursday just until Tuesday, so won't be there for that festival.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Where abouts in Corwall Iain, hope you have a good time, i love Cornwakk, its so lovely, but unfortunalty i don't like St Ives anymore as its become way too touristy, prefer the less touristy places which aren't quite so overcrowded.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)