Declaration Of War?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Kinoulton wrote:I don't recall them staging covert missions to get into German territory and blow up school buses.
Hmmm. If they could have staged covert missions to get into German territory then Im sure they would've. As for blowing up school buses? Im perplexed. I think you'd struggle to find more examples of terrorists blowing up schools and schoolchildren than national governments.

Take the current conflict. Whose killed more civillians? Israel or Lebanon? Israel by an absolute mile. So why is Hezbollah the hated militant group? Because it isn't allied with the American foreign policy agenda.

I'd love to here your definition of terrorists Kinoulton. Mine would be something like 'if America doesn't like it then we call it terrorism'.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Who's aim is "to drive all the Jews into the sea"?
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

OK, perhaps Hezbollah are a bad example. Still I presume though that they only want to take back what is theirs? Wasn't Israel a thriving Arab country before it was effectively taken over by the Jewish world with a little help from the US and UK.

Terrorism is often the only military option for some countries when competing with mighty military nations like Israel and the US.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well it's a tough question!

However, I definitely wouldn't judge it by how many people have been killed.

An airman on a bombing mission will probably kill more people than Jack the Ripper did in his entire life but that doesn't define which of them claims the moral high ground.

We have to have recognised states to make the World co-exist or simply have one or two super powers that police the whole world.

It's so easy to get arms these days that if we're going to say that the laws of humanity are that anyone with a grievance (genuine or not) can go around indulging in mass violence and destabilising any government that doesn't suit them, then we're all going to be brutally affected by terrorism for the rest of eternity.

When a sovreign state engages in an unjust war or genocide it is a different thing to terrorism. It might be worse than terrorism, but it isn't terrorism as such.

Ideally we need to have what we've always had which is a patchwork of self governing states. It's a system that works. At the moment, some of those states (you would say USA and I would probably chuck in a load of cruel African regimes) are a million miles from ideal. But I don't think rocking them all with terrorists, insurgents and fanatical ideallists will make things better.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

I too do not understand the politics that surrounds these countries only know that there will be a huge amount of suffering caused by the wars.

My Mum & Dad were both from Belfast and although I was brought up hearing all sorts of opinions and news regarding the troubles in Ireland, I still will never understand it all. My grandmother became bedbound and died in her bed in the midst of the troubles.

:censored: religion has a lot to answer for. I'll stay an aetheist as religion has done nothing for me. :?

Israel Tiger, I hope any friends or family you have in your country are happy & healthy. :D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Actually sammy, it was UN land, and the UN decided to give the land for the formation of a Jewish state. I'll try and explain it on a smaller scale:

I own a house. You live in the house, until one day I decide to give the house to Kinoulton. I in this case am the UN, you, the Palestinian people, and Kinoulton the Jewish people. Its my house, I'm letting you stay there because I have no reason for you to not stay there. However for whatever reason, I choose to give the house to someone else to own. Its my house, therefore it is my right to do so if I wish.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

And a rocket landed about 20km north of us today. Starting to get worried now. Still nothing too scary, but its heading our way.

The ironic story of the day, Hezbollah launched a rocket into an arab village today, killing two arabs. Well done guys, PR-wise, not a great move.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Wow, apparently a rocket fell in the sands near here. Must have been targeting the nearby power station.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Keep your head down IT and look after yourself. Sounds like you'd better get the candles in. If you lose power and don't post for a while we're all going to worry, so if you could get in a mini generator that would be good, too :D and perhaps a satellite?
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

IsraeliTiger wrote:And a rocket landed about 20km north of us today. Starting to get worried now. Still nothing too scary, but its heading our way.

The ironic story of the day, Hezbollah launched a rocket into an arab village today, killing two arabs. Well done guys, PR-wise, not a great move.
Your starting to get worrid because a rocket landed 20KM away from you, oh dear, yeh i would be, NOT spare a thought for the innocent Lebonnese peoeple who the Israilis are unlawfully killing, the collatorla damage has out weighed any anti terror bombing, Israil have stepped way over the mark here and they are murdering innocent people and bombing innocent neighbourhoods, for three soldiers. Its shameful.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Who said I'm not sparing a thought for them? You'll note a page back that I agreed with Sammy that Israel's reaction was over the top..... no offence, but my family is more important to me than people I've never met, Israeli or Lebanese.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Unfortunantly i wouldn't say its over the top, more like unjustified, terrorism, they have no idea where there soldiers are but insted they're going to bomb and bomb until what. they're not going to release them because they are being bombed. In my eyes Israel are the terrorists just as much as Hezzbulla.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Sim there's a time and a place for taking your politicl soapbox but it certainly isn't to belittle Israeli Tiger's worries and concerns. You've made the assumption that he's Israeli and then gone even further and tarred all Israelis with the same brush. Very insensitive in my eyes. 20km is close enough to be very concerned.

I would like to think an apology should be in order.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I don't think you should be so rigidly judgmental, Sim, because no matter what - ALL innocents suffer in warfare. In this case, arguing over whether Israeli or Lebanese (or other) citizens are suffering more is both pointless and immaterial.

I fully understand anyone - as IT says - being more concerned about their own friends and family rather than strangers, and strangers in another country even more. But I keep all innocent sufferers on both sides in my thoughts.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Its ok Iain, you get used to it after a while. People seem to think that on voting day Israeli's all went out and unanimously voted for Kadima, and that everyone is of one mind. Part of the problem is that people talk about "Israel" and "The Palestinian Territories" and "Lebanon". Makes you think that all Israeli's are in favour of taking over the Territories, and that all the Palestinians are suicide bombers, and that all Lebanese recieve on their 18th birthday a membership certificate for Hezbollah. Maybe instead of "Israel" , "Palestinian Territories" and "Lebanon" people should be talking about Israelis, Palestinians and Lebanese.