Declaration Of War?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

The problem with the UN observation posts, is that they are right next to Hezbollah posts. They have no problem with this, they've never done anything to stop it. They just want to be left in peace and quiet, minimum need to get involved. Hezbollah leave them alone, and in exchange Hezbollah are allowed to put up posts near the UN ones. Just another reason why the UN should be disbanded. Utterly useless.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Al-Quaeda have said they will not idly stand by in the conflict in Lebanon, saying they will remain quiet over violence in the Middle East. Al Jeezerra TV sys it has a video tape of Ayman al Zawahiri threatening action over Israel's attacks on Lebanon and Palestinians. Meanwhile, Israel claim the lack of any "disagreement against them" from the International community gives them a "green light" to continue with their current offensive against Hezbollah.

Sounds like the conflict will intensify and things will get even more nasty indeed.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Sorry but it's as it was in Northern Ireland.

Just keep trying to be top dog..

In a while loads will be dead and NOTHING will be achieved.

Grow up and cut the macho :censored: and move on.

It is a total, sad, joke.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

IsraeliTiger wrote:Sammy, I'm intrigued, why do you feel that UN officials lives are more important than ordinary civilians?
I could be cynical and suggest that Israel don't value Lebanese human life at all, but I won't. I wouldn't say a UN officials life is more important than any other, I was merely suggesting that murdering four was an exceptionally stupid thing to do, especially now that Israel is desperately trying to ally itself with many other countries, including Muslim nations.

However from a political, and newsworthy perspective of course these peoples lives are more significant. The death of civillians is not news, this is. The death of hundreds of civillians carries little political weight. This does.

Israel are desperately digging themselves a hole practically inviting further terrorist attacks from nations that would not get involved in other circumstances. I would've thought that a nation built on such shaky foundations would have learnt from the mistakes of the US and UK. Evidently not.