Favourite Movie?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

Kinoulton wrote:If this link works it should take you to some fairly dodgy pictures of our attempt at Grease.

http://www.jimmalone.co.uk/past_shows.h ... 20pictures
i hope you are happy now Kinny.............that link had me all confuzzled for a very long moment then :lol: was sat here happily listening to the chili peppers and this other music started joining in from nowhere, spent the last 5 mins trying to figure out why! you could have warned us :lol:

anyway.......favourite film........tis a very difficult question think it has to go to Jonny English at the moment, that film still makes me laugh after seeing it at least 5000 times!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

oh, and if im looking at the right person on those pics, has anyone noticed how scarily like Bruce Willis Kinny looks or is it just me?
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

no.1ellisfan wrote:oh, and if im looking at the right person on those pics, has anyone noticed how scarily like Bruce Willis Kinny looks or is it just me?
Poor Bruce!!!! :lol:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:
no.1ellisfan wrote:oh, and if im looking at the right person on those pics, has anyone noticed how scarily like Bruce Willis Kinny looks or is it just me?
Poor Bruce!!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When my daughter was still at school some of the 6th Form girls put a big poster of Bruce Willis on the wall and wrote my name across it.

Unfortunately these days I look more like a cross between Bob Willis and Wincey Willis.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hodge »

the best film in the world is definatly goodfellas

de niro and pesci are brilliant when they work together
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

I've replied to threads like this before, I don't really have a favourite ,ovie as there
are just too many classics out there that i can watch again and again eg the
Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars and Jaws.

Nevertheless I thought I'd post on this thread just to plug the new Superman Movie,
me and some mates went yesterday and it was truely awesome.

I won't spoil anything but it gets off to a good start when the original soundtracks
used as the opener, it sent tingles down my spine.

Well worth a look :D :D
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I saw Pirates of the Carribean yesterday, absolutely brilliant film. Best line from a film: "You'd best start believing in ghost stories Ms Turner.... You're in one!"
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

are you going to see the second one soon IT?
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

IsraeliTiger wrote:I saw Pirates of the Carribean yesterday, absolutely brilliant film. Best line from a film: "You'd best start believing in ghost stories Ms Turner.... You're in one!"
He he Israel T, It is good isn't it. I bought it it's so good and it still makes me titter when I watch it. :lol:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Jess wrote:are you going to see the second one soon IT?
I'll probably go see it when I'm in England next week, its on my list along with Click and Cars. Yes, I'm ashamed :P
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i quite fancy seeing cars as well, but i'm not sure what my family and friends would think of that!
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Oh yes, another favourite film, Shawshank Redemption.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Star Wars I suppose
Dante's Peak (Like big bangs :shock: ) (and Pierce Brosnan)

Went to a talk by the guy who made 'Whale Rider' - absolutely fascinating
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

IsraeliTiger wrote:I saw Pirates of the Carribean yesterday, absolutely brilliant film. Best line from a film: "You'd best start believing in ghost stories Ms Turner.... You're in one!"
First film was excellent, one of my favourites.

I'll probably go against the flow here, but I thought 'Dead Mans Chest' was a mess. Sequels are sooo difficult to rate, but the film just flops all over the place, and I thought the '3 way' sword fight seemed to go on for ever, to no great effect. Still, I'll probably go and see part 3 if only because of the ........ (I didn't see that ending coming !).

For info, anyone going to WDW in Florida - the ride that inspired the film has been updated, with lots of Captain Jack Sparrows now featuring (plus Barbossa and Davey Jones). Definitely worth the queue (just got back), even if there is no Elizabeth !
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

That ride sounds great! Especially with lots of Captain Jacks :wink: :D. Watched the new Superman film today has anybody else seen it?
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !