Things to be sent to Room 101

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Iain wrote:You think bus stations are bad here! You try taking the greyhound across America as I did last summer! Be it sharing a seat with an archetypal dumb fat american eating a bag of chips the whole journey, stopping at the most rancid burger joints for your meal, or stopping in some hicksville in Tennessee to collect an Amish family (I kid you not these all happened!) the Greyhound gives you up to and over sixteen hours of fun and games in just one sitting.
Sounds like a great holiday Iain, NOT!!! :shock: (stranglely enough it does remind me of the National Express journey to Heathrow).
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It was a necessary evil for getting between New Orleans and Washington DC and all inbetween. I can assure you the National Express to Heathrow is a comparative cakewalk!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

I was on a bus in India that suddenly just took a detour off the road and across a desert...the seats were unpadded and there was no suspension to speak of, however the repeating Bollywood movie on the telly that was nailed to the ceiling worked just :censored: fine.....that was pretty hellish.

I also sat on a bus in the Himalayas and a couple got on with a goat, the man and the goat took the last two seats while the woman had to stand in the aisle.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well getting back to the thread, I'd like to put into room 101, routine airport announcements.

You know, you're waiting for your gate number or something and you here "bing bong!".

So everyone stops what they're doing to listen and the calming voice says "Here is a security announcement."

Everyone thinks "Oh God, what's up?"

And then the twit tells you not to leave your bags unattended.

WE KNOW! :twisted:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

my wife!!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Mmm.

Like those oh so funny wags who say: "Careful with that love, it's got a bomb in it." Not realising that:

It's a dumb joke;
They're going to cause hassle for all of us;
They're not going to be allowed on the flight.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I was stuck at Haslemere Station (nice place :? ) and some poor deranged soul decided that life was too much for him and jumped under a train at Bedhampton. Now the sadness of the incident aside, two hours later there was this announcement telling me my train was two hours late. I KNOW, THICKHEAD!

Rather worryingly, it was the second railway suicide at Bedhampton that week - what's with the place?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That's very sad to hear Debbie and pity you had to be there when the bloke decided to commit suicide. People like that must be very depressed with life and have nothing to live for. I am not even sure where Bedhampton is so can't comment on what it is like to visit, let alone live there! I have been on the tubes and heard the announcer say someone has gone under a train. Very sad!! :( :(

Another thing to go into Room 101. Now I am not meaning to be mean and horrible hear and I do contribute a fair amount to charity, particularly the WWF, with whom I am sponsoring a Tiger. However, I generally get fed up with all these leaflets from charities wanting more money from you for whatever cause or monthly donations. So those should go in Room 101. I will donate money when I want not when someone pushes me to.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

War and Conflict, i think its the thing that needs to go in, by that i mean once its in there there shall be no more, with the current situation i think its the perfect time, shame it won't happen eh! :(
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Right I think it is absurd that after 9 pages of a Room 101 thread this hasn't been included.

CARAVANS!

Having endured caravan holidays as a child I can tell you there is nothing worse than 4 of you cramped into something the size of a cupboard playing Cluedo in a Caravan Club park in somewhere ridiculous like Ross on Wye in the pouring rain.
When I go on holiday I like the fact that it is relaxation time. Get off the plane, head to the hotel, bed if you're tired, bar if you're not. Result. With a caravan you arrive at your pitch, struggle like fury to reverse it in, connect the gas, fill up the water tank, put the corner steadies down, put up the awning (if there is any point with the weather) and then finally settle down and do nothing for a few days other than empty out your own toilet, empty waste water and collect more water. I have no problem with tents. They are somewhere to sleep and thats about it. They take ten infuriating minutes to set up but after that you're fine. Plus you don't tow them.... which brings me to something else.

Do caravan owners remain oblivious to the fact that EVERYONE hates them?? Trundling along at about 50 miles an hour on the motorway is one thing, and pretty irritating, but going along at snail's pace on country A roads with an army of traffic behind them stretching out like a giant conga is just rude. The caravan club allegedly says that its members pull over to let people through. WHERE?? WHEN??

There was a great feature on Top Gear on Sunday night where they went on a caravanning holiday to see what the attraction was. Turns out there isn't one, and it ended in the customary torching of two caravans. Accidentally this time it seemed, but nonetheless the desired result.

I hate them!! Condemn them all to Room 101!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I've never been on one but crickey how annoying are thdey on the road grrrr, agree 100% Iain :D
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Totally agree about the caravans Iain, well said!! :D :D :D :D

At the very least they are annoying on the road and not much fun from what I understand to stay in.

As you say, why not make life simpler for yourself and have the choice of having a sleep at the hotel or head for the bar if not. I usually take the first option on the first night but of course like the odd drink thereafter. I don't mind camping occasionally but am more for the comfortable life. Having said that I did do a camping trip in the deserts of Arizona and Nevada once.

Top Gear showed the right end for the caravans for sure!!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I've ordered a new car with caravan Exocet tubes fitted to the front.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well maybe it was on a different thread, but Cornish Tiger and I certainly had a long rant about caravans.

I think you've covered it pretty well except you didn't mention the delightful way they fish-tail down the M5, causing coaches, petrol tankers and minibuses to swerve alarmingly out of their way.

Some of the superior models can actually jack-knife completely and close the whole blinking road.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

[quote="simon redshaw"]That's very sad to hear Debbie and pity you had to be there when the bloke decided to commit suicide. People like that must be very depressed with life and have nothing to live for. I am not even sure where Bedhampton is so can't comment on what it is like to visit, let alone live there! I have been on the tubes and heard the announcer say someone has gone under a train. Very sad!! :( :(

Luckily I wasn't actually at Bedhampton (just on the outskirts of Portsmouth) so I didn't get the trauma of seeing it happen.

Back on a cheerier note, that Top Gear was so funny.

Another one for Room 101 - claims compensation companies. All those ads are just so annoying.

Oh yes, and Finance Companies. Tempting people who are probably already up to their eyeballs in debt to get in even further at extortionate interest rates. How do they get away with it?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex