Host Nation Out

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

eve stephenson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by eve stephenson »

IsraeliTiger wrote:Here is perhaps the sole Israeli who was supporting Germany. Italy lost all my respect after the disgusting way they went through against Australia (blatant dive in the last minute of injury time, penalty scored). The final doesn't exactly thrill me, Italy versus either Portugal, who are cheating, violent thugs, or France (the headlines alone would have made Germany Vs France a great match :P). France have been mediocre, and couldn't even beat South Korea or Switzerland. Germany played an exciting game, they were creative, attacking and generally the best team there. Of my ideal semi final, one of four teams were there. Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Spain.
Well how can u say that Germany was the best team on the pitch?? U could argue that they were as good as Italy because they went close to scoring goals a few times, but Italy aswell went close to scoring at least 4 goals, not 'only' 2!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

You go to ground in the area to make a tackle and you are asking for trouble.
Iain, is tackling in the area suddenly an offence? It must be in one of the parts of the rulebook I missed, along with offside with only one defending player between you and the goal, or handball with the shoulder..... what do you mean those rules don't exist? You are fully allowed to tackle in the area, and it shouldn't be asking for trouble simply because the opposing striker takes it into his mind to check the quality of the grass from close up.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

You either misunderstand, or interpret what I say to taylor your needs. What I mean is if you stay on your feet, you're far more likely to prevent the player getting past you, you are more controlled in making a tackle, and if there is any accidental contact the chances of the penalty being given is relatively low. If you clumsily dive in to the tackle it is easier to avoid, and you are far more likely to miss the ball and get the man, and the action of tackling looks far more reckless. Thus any kind of contact is far more likely to go punished. In that situation the defender would have been better advised to stay on his feet.

Trust me, I have both refereed and coached football in my time!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

plus it helps if you get at least somewhere near the ball..........which Lucas Neill didn't do.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers