Kinny's lifestyle

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Kinny's lifestyle

Post by DCat »

Judging by all the posts that Kinny has put on over the last couple of days, I thought it a topic worthy of discussion.

Long walks in the sun, stopping off for a pint or a G&T (or both?), beautiful scenery - I have this little twinge of jealousy!

I'm sure you have worked hard to enjoy it though, mate!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You'll notice that all of those pursuits are either cheap or completely free, and have to fit around a Mon-Fri 12 hour working day!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

yeah, know what you mean.

The cheap/free thing must give a certain amount of satisfaction, though, mustn't it? I know that it would be nice to do something ludicrously expensive every now and then, like buying a Tigers season ticket

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I just but my Tigers season ticket on a credit card and then run away when the statement comes.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Ha ha Kinny, good one. I just bought a sat nav on my credit card, but I have earned £200 in a fortnight working at local pubs on top of my full time job.

Thank God for plastic eh??? I thought a sat nav would take me wherever I want to go (my navigation skills are pretty poor).

How good would it be to win the lottery????!!!! :P
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I navigate by looking at where the sun is at any given time and then working out where north, south, east and west are.

It drives my missus nuts.

She would like me to stop and ask the way, but that is unthinkable.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Us men NEVER need to ask for directions. Nature has bestowed a highly accurate homing mechanism in our cerebral cortex; why can't women understand this ?

And why do we ever, ever, ask our better halves to read a map ??? It is widely recognised that map reading contributes towards 25 % of all marital breakdowns.

:wink:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Totally agree. Must be a childhood thing.

As a boy I could stare for hours at a World map and wonder what it was like to be Ferdinand Magellan or Vasco Da Gama.

Equally I could stare at a map of Britain and look at names like Ludlow, Moffat, Lough Neagh, and Milford Haven and wonder what they were like.

Is this why I didn't have many girlfriends?
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Kinoulton wrote:Totally agree. Must be a childhood thing.

As a boy I could stare for hours at a World map and wonder what it was like to be Ferdinand Magellan or Vasco Da Gama.

Equally I could stare at a map of Britain and look at names like Ludlow, Moffat, Lough Neagh, and Milford Haven and wonder what they were like.

Is this why I didn't have many girlfriends?
I'm good at navigating when I'm in he passenger seat but it all goes to pot when I am driving alone.
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Naah. I'm not gay or owt.

I went to an all boys school which meant that:

a) I didn't meet many girls.
b) When I did I was far too shy to say anything.

Single sex schools should be confined to Room 101.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Ludlow's very nice - some well thought of eateries there, but they would have to go into the ludicrous amount of money category, I suspect.

Haven't been to the others though.

I've been to Basingstoke :shock:

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm thinking of buying a cheap equestrian property and one came up in Shropshire, not far from Ludlow.

It's not near to anywhere is it? Where is the nearest civilisation? (And don't try and pass off Birmingham as civilisation.)
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

basingstoke.... ive actually been there more than once! no idea where it really is though. :roll:

ive got a good sense of direction when im in ireland.... but when i leave im screwed. irish roads are hilarious, only the irish really understand where they go.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You can advise me. In fact, anyone can advise me.

I've only been to Ireland once and that was a weekend in Dublin. I really want to explore the country a lot more as I love the feel of it.

Where do I start? Cork?

(Danger is my missus will by another bleeping horse whilst she's out there.)
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

to be honest, i wouldnt spend much time in cork. its a great place and i love it. the people here are pure mad like. check out http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/ its very funny, we are like our own little country and we have the most hilarious accents.

personally im a fan of the west of ireland. galway mainly. its a great city. its full of culture and is very irish. while there you could check out the region of connemara which is all irish speaking. i think its probably the largest gaeltacht left in ireland. but the west is lovely. lots to see and do.
kerry is a nice place for tourists aswell, its very close to cork so you could easily do both. kerry is very picturesque. tourists would mainly to the ring of kerry. killarney is a great town to stay in. good atmosphere. i love dingle, but then its in the Gaeltacht, and im big into all that. some really nice restaurants in dingle. lots of fresh seafood, its good.

ive never really been up north but i hear donegal is beautiful. any other questions?
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!