Ronaldo - Cheat

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I think at a push I could even live with him trying to get the ref to send off Rooney....it was the wink that got me...as if to say....."Good job....I got him sent off...now we can win the game !!" :evil:
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

You can't really blame Ronaldo or Rooney. Both just did what we've come to expect from both of them. Here's why we went out:

1 - A shortage of fit, recognised strikers. Rooney and Owen weren't fit and Walcott has never started a premiership match. Shocking squad selection from SGE.
2 - 451 formation. We play 442 with Owen yet when Rooney comes back and Owen gets injured we revert to 451. Whay exactly.
3 - Penalties. As soon as it went to penalties I knew we'd lost. We always bottle it.
4 - David Beckham. Anyone who saw Aaron Lennon yesterday would have seen what everbody but Sven saw. That he had to start on the right instead of Becks.
5 - Lamps and Stevie G. Neither have clicked at international level, bet Jose is delighted Stevie G decided to stay at Liverpool.

And to the person who said they hope Rooney breaks both his legs, I hope you break both your hands so we don't have to endure any more of your expert analysis! One of the best things about the WC ending is we don't have to endure people who know absolutely nothing about football commenting on it.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I just wish I'd taken that bet on England going out in the quarter on penalties.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

sammy.....how can you not blame Ronaldo !!!!????? Astonishing comment !! What he could have done was when the "foul" took place, he could have NOT ran 20 yards to the referee to protest, instead, he could have stayed where he is and accepted the verdict !! The guy needs a lesson in sportsmanship ! i agree that breaking his legs is a bit extreme, but he needs someone to have a word with him for sure.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

my god, ye are sore losers!!!
ronaldo played better than all the english players so stop moaning. rooney deserved to be sent off. retaliation is a red card offence and the way he pushed players around after the incident and shouted at everybody was awful. wasnt exactly ronaldos fault like. it was deserved.
ronaldo doesnt even want to play for united anymore cos he is too good to play for them. deserves to be in a better league playing for a better team against better opponents!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Not a sore loser at all.....I don't think we deserved to get further than we did (England) that is,...because we hadn't played any decent football at all !!! So nothing sore about that is there !!??

I was just commenting on Ronaldo - who is a cheat - a good player - but still a cheat ! Thats not being a sore loser - its just a fact that the guy has no morals to try and get a club mate sent off, not to mention the example being set to the millions of youngsters watching....you will probably say the same about Rooney, and you'd be right to a certain extent.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Great conspiracy theory on TalkSport this morning .....

Ronaldo wants to join Real Madrid.
Man U don't want to lose him.
Agent tells Ronaldo 'get in Wayne's face today', knowing that Man U will sell if the fans turn against Ronaldo.
Match goes better then expected (for agent/Ronaldo), maybe the wink was to his agent ?!

Fantastic theory !
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Man Uted meet up for the first time after the WC, that's if Ronaldo appears?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I work in what is very predominantly football office. There is just me and a Rugby League fan and then about 15 footie fans.

They are all sickened by the routine shennanigans going on in football and all feel that the game could learn and awful lot from the way Rugby is played and refereed.

So on this site of all sites, let's never condone:
- people surrounding the ref;
- people trying to slyly influence the ref;
- people being clearly seen to cheat (on video) and getting away with it.

It's not accepted in Rugby so why should it be accepted in footie?

Yes, it's become the norm, which is all the more reson to stamp on it.

My emotion after England lost was not that of a sore loser, more that I just don't think I can be bothered with this ridiculous "sport" any more.

Proof. Tigers season ticket renewed. Forest season ticket not renewed.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Proof. Tigers season ticket renewed. Forest season ticket not renewed.
The Nottingham players live and work in Nottingham for chrissakes! :P Heh, but seriously, the problem with football is nothing that wouldn't be solved by cutting their wages back to a hundred pounds a week, having them train two hours a week and letting them work at other jobs to make ends meet. Keeps 'em humble ;)
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Which is the more genuine sport? Football or WWF?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

madoqua wrote:Which is the more genuine sport? Football or WWF?
That's a close run thing.

I seem to remember that on WWF, the wrestlers' girlfriends sometimes have a scrap? Now you can introduce that to football any time.

Watching Colleen knocking seven bells out of Victoria would be worth paying for.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

madoqua wrote:Which is the more genuine sport? Football or WWF?
That's a close run thing.

I seem to remember that on WWF, the wrestlers' girlfriends sometimes have a scrap? Now you can introduce that to football any time.

Watching Colleen knocking seven bells out of Victoria would be worth paying for.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

WWF or WWE (as mini spike reliably advises me it is now known) contains far less acting than any match of football I have had the misfortune to have watched in the last few years.

If this game is ever going to be worth watching they need to have a serious look at the way they play / ref it.

Personally I would suggest the following causes of action.

1. Introduce a sin bin for a yellow card.
2. As the linesmen (or whatever they are called) are miked up use this to talk to the ref and advise of any foul play.
3. Any player gesturing to the ref with an imaginary card should be rewarded by being shown a real one.
4. All dives should be marked out of ten by a 5th official on the side line, and player who goes over a total of 30 in any match should be sent off to practise in a pool for his own safety.
5. Any player talking to the ref (other than the captain) should be booked.

It's a start.........
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It needs rule changes. In rugby you can punish a team severely without sending anyone off. Many penalties are as good as three points on the board and/or present an excellent opportunity to get seven.

In football, a player who's gone clear of the back 4 with just the keeper to beat is usually brought down just outside the box. The resulting free-kick is nothard enough punishment.

Therefore refs have only one real sanction, which is the cards in their pockets. I'm fed up of seeing 10 v 11, 10 v 10, 9 v 10 etc etc in games that weren't even particularly unruly.

Sin-binning isn't a bad idea as sending someone off for a whole game when all he's done is committed a couple of technical offences (like celebrating a goal :roll: ) ruins the game.