Justified Red Card For Rooney

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justified Red Card For Rooney

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Rooney needs to learn to calm down, its not the first time he's done something like that. Unsportsmanlike behaviour, straight red card. He pushed Ronaldo, who did nothing to him.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

but other players had been pushing rooney from what i saw and also dont think he was sent off for a push it was for stamping on a player

but yeah he did lose his cool slightly
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I don't mean pushing in the "middle of a match, Rooney runs and someone pushes him from behind". Play had stopped, Ronaldo went to talk to the ref, and Rooney pushed him away. Thats a straight red by Fifa's rules, and I agree with the decision.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Never mind..Made a few bob on the result. Bet Portugal to win on Penalty's. :lol:
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Really disappointed. Feel sorry for the players and all the other fans.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
popnoodle
Tiger Cub

Post by popnoodle »

I'm really disapointed, I know it was not their fault but if Owen wasn't injured and Rooney hadn't got a red card (that was his fault though!) and beckham wasn't injured, we could have had them instead of Gerrard and Lampard and Carragher, we could have won! :shock:
Just Me.. :halo: x.
matt_j_12
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by matt_j_12 »

Justified, with all due respect :censored:. He had no intention of stamping on him, he simply tried to balance, and a push, well if a push is worth a red card footballs more S**t than i thought
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

had Rooney down to be red carded before the match started, with the way Portugal have been playing this tournament it was obvious that things were going to get a bit heated and Rooney was always going to be the one involved. if he could sort out his temper then he could be a great player. didnt see the card incident (only just got back from work) but the referees seem a lot more sensitive than they have been in the past
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Matt, whether or not the push hurt is irrelevant, the intent is what matters, and that was deliberate and unsportsmanlike.
matt_j_12
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by matt_j_12 »

a push, its just a push. Its stupid. In my time ive been punched, kicked, raked ( in the face), and never has anyone been penalised. But a push gets punished like that, cant believe it.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

IT is quite right, under FIFA rules it was a straight red. Given that he could have gone, arguably, for the stamp (had the ref seen it) then Rooney really has no defence.

Of course, if our master tactician Sven hadn't played him out of position then Rooney's suapect temperament wouldn't have been so exposed in the first place. Its a shame Sven couldn't have been red carded some years ago !

Still, only 4 years to go for the next one :wink:
Hans

Post by Hans »

Man U players again, ruining it, what a surprise.
"War is not romantic. It is grim, dirty, hard business.
You have to lose lives to save lives. That's what soldiers are for."
- Brigadier General James Gavin
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Ronaldo head butted Rooney before he went on the pitch and supposidly said "i'm going to get you sent off" (which was lip read). Ronaldo is Rooneys team mate at Man U and he was well out of order. What would have happened in a rugby match if Ronaldo had run up and shouted in the refs face, either a red or a yellow, instead Rooney who quite in my opinion was quite justified in pushing him away as it was nothing to do with the stupid :censored: idiot got red carded. Ronaldo should be banned from the next 10 matches he plays. Fifa need to start coming down hard on these kind of offenders. It was shcoking.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Come on Sim, you can't prove that he head butted him and said that. The ref was standing there, and would have responded had he seen it. As for Rooney being justified for pushing a player of the opposite team, that is never justified. Every single decision in this world cup is hotly contested by players of the opposite team, if every time the players of one team responded to them lodging complaints by pushing and grabbing them, it would become warfare. You cannot take the law into your own hands. If the ref felt it was bothering him, he could have yellow carded Ronaldo. Discipline is the refs job, not Rooneys.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

The fact is that players shouldn't do it at all, there should be a standard and so players should not come up to the ref in the first place. In rugby if it happens then people get carded and in some cases an opposition player will push another away what happens nothing just "oi, watch it" from the ref. Football refs in genral i feel have little control over matches and this jsut shows it, if Ronaldo hadn't come up then Rooney wouldn't have been sent off. Fifa need to start taking control back as the players seem to rule the game now and it is a disgrace to the world of sport.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)