A POLITE SUGGESTION

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Don't I know it?

Someone, oh, a friend of mine, sent a very large proposal to a very large city council. And this, err friend's boss looked at a copy and noticed several typing errors that hadn't been removed before submission.

My friends boss was cross. :oops:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Kinoulton wrote:Don't I know it?

Someone, oh, a friend of mine, sent a very large proposal to a very large city council. And this, err friend's boss looked at a copy and noticed several typing errors that hadn't been removed before submission.

My friends boss was cross. :oops:
Ha ha Kinny you wally. I never notice my own mistakes as I said earlier. I used to type survey reports up for a surveyor in an estate egents and always used to put cola mining instead of coal mining. I can't tell you how many times I got told off for that!! :D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Have come in a bit late on this post, and it's probably gone way off topic, but don't get me going on apostrophes!
The one that really gets me is in the market (not necessarily Leicester, have seen it elsewhere)

" Apple's, £1 a kilo"

It's just so sloppy. And as for commas ......................
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

OK, a simple passage with simple grammar:

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

One of the most moving speechs ever, and this transcript reads exactly as Martin Luther King said it. That is the power of punctuation and grammar. It's not boring.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Kinoulton wrote:OK, a simple passage with simple grammar:

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

:lol: One of the most moving speechs ever, and this transcript reads exactly as Martin Luther King said it. That is the power of punctuation and grammar. It's not boring.
Wow Kinny that's fantastic! It actually gave me goosebumps reading that. Thank you for putting it on here. I have copied it and will read it when I need my faith in mankind restoring (which seems to be a lot these days). My own personal dream is to find a partner I can be an equal to.
:D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!