Thread Locking

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thread Locking

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

So what's thread locking all about?????? Sorry minemodfurrher, were we boring you with the oldie thread?? Apologies.
Last edited by Ashby Rock Chick on Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

No, just something we've always done with threads appearing discussing how many posts we've got.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Iain wrote:No, just something we've always done with threads appearing discussing how many posts we've got.
Aaah I see. :(

Stuey, thought it was cos you thought his uber-user idea was utterley fabulous and you are currently implementing it and he might win a prize for his innovation!! :lol:
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

don't worry Ashby Rock Chick there seems to be more threads being locked these days than are being started, i myself can't see why these people are not aloud to ask these questions, why is it so wrong, can somebody please explain to me :?
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote: Stuey, thought it was cos you thought his uber-user idea was utterley fabulous and you are currently implementing it and he might win a prize for his innovation!! :lol:
That was, for me, the only logical conclusion!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ARC.

Iain if you do like my Uber-user idea how about having the avatar as the words "Stuey is ace"...sounds like a winner to me mate.

SB
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

RoyalBlueStuey wrote:
Ashby Rock Chick wrote: Stuey, thought it was cos you thought his uber-user idea was utterley fabulous and you are currently implementing it and he might win a prize for his innovation!! :lol:
That was, for me, the only logical conclusion!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ARC.

Iain if you do like my Uber-user idea how about having the avatar as the words "Stuey is ace"...sounds like a winner to me mate.

SB
I think you're ace Stuey if no-one else does!! 8) Perhaps "God" would be better avatar wording. :lol:
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote: I think you're ace Stuey if no-one else does!! 8) Perhaps "God" would be better avatar wording. :lol:
"God"? I know I'm good but I wouldn't quite go that far mate. :wink: :P :wink: :P
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

RoyalBlueStuey wrote:
Ashby Rock Chick wrote: I think you're ace Stuey if no-one else does!! 8) Perhaps "God" would be better avatar wording. :lol:
"God"? I know I'm good but I wouldn't quite go that far mate. :wink: :P :wink: :P
Okay, maybe I got a bit carried away there. :oops: Okay then maybe "know it all" for the 5000 plus avator name or "Superhero"???? :P
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Mine says Gold Member.

This is similar to the soubriquet normally applied to David Beckham.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

tigerman wrote:don't worry Ashby Rock Chick there seems to be more threads being locked these days than are being started, i myself can't see why these people are not aloud to ask these questions, why is it so wrong, can somebody please explain to me :?
but weren't you one of those who was complaining about people posting rubbish and threads becoming silly?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

yes i was but what is wrong with asking a simple question & expecting an answer? its not a silly or rubbish post, its a proper sensible question from somebody who does not know the answer.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I haven't got a clue how many posts equate to what avator....not something thats ever interested me in the slightest, but if I knew I'd tell you. The reason why we have always locked such threads is that it ALWAYS goes into discussion about people being delighted they are now gold users / comparing each others avators and finally someone posting 3 times for no reason because they are about to move up an avator. It is all to stop people trying to bump up their word count.

I repeat what I keep saying.... if anyone wants to help moderating I'd only be too happy to receive the help, given that I am fast getting fed up of Chit Chat.
Blob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Blob »

I have read numerous topics now where people are moaning at Iain, when as far as i can see he's doing a splendid job. For instance the intro topic, the last page was purely people talking about how they will buy balloons for later when they meet each other. Sure, maybhe you could have that on anohter topic, but not the intro! Have some commen sense...

Well done Iain
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Maybe a suggestion?

Could we make a sticky post at the top of this forum, regarding titles and post counts associated with them?

Tiger Cub is 1-49
Top Cat is 50-99
Senior Member is 100-349
Bronze Member is 350-499
Silver Member is 500-749
Gold Member is 750-999
Super User is 1000 upwards

Then hopefully people would be able just to look at the top and it would be there :)

possibly including an explanation that you cannot upload or use your own choice of avatar, you have to have the ones given by the site.

Could also include basic instructions on how to add a signature comment or poem etc to your posts.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Alright guys, lay off. I personally disagreed with the NEWT being locked, but this rule (locking threads about post count) is perfectly logical and has been enforced throughout my time here. I'm starting to think you just want an excuse to criticise Iain, he's doing a fine job as far as I can see. On the political forum I used to moderate, such a thread (NEWT) would be deleted without any discussion or poll.
That said, I adapt depending on which forum I moderate (I've moderated a few), and would be more than happy to help you Iain. :)
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."