Andy Murray

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Andy Murray

Post by Phil B »

I think he has a dark dark side. What do others think?

Do ya luv 'im or 'ate 'im?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Am I supposed to be supporting a man who claimed that in the world cup he was "supporting anyone who was playing England?".
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

I hope he gets knocked out very soon, he can't support the English so why should we support him :evil:
BO'D is GOD
Super User
Super User

Post by BO'D is GOD »

he will do soon don't worry he's going to be the next tim henman. someone we all rant on about for about a week before wimbledon and then he has absolutly no impact on the tournement what so ever. one thing i noticed about him though, is i think he been watchin too many john mc enroe videos cos he's getting to be a stroppy little so and so!
Irish rugby groupie.
allez les bleus!
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

when he starts to lose a match will he get injured or get cramp first like he normally does :roll:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

To be fair to Andy Murray he is Scottish and so I wouldn't expect him to be supporting us in the World Cup much as we would like him to!! Maybe some would support us but very few do so to criticise him for that is a bit unfair. I am not going to hold a grudge against him for his nationality.

I agree though about his antics on the tennis court which can be enfuriating to watch. He always seems Mr Angry. Some players play better by pumping themselves up. I think McEnroe did although he took it to far. The thing though with Murray is I don't think he does play any better by making faces and throwing his racket about. He just shows himself to be petulent. He also made a big mistake by effectively sacking his coach. His results dipped alarmingly afterwards.

I also agree about the injuries. He is injured far too much particularly at key times and someone needs to work on his fitness as well as his general attitude.

He could be a very good tennis players as his initial progress through the rankings shows. That's if he just got himself sorted out and less headstrong and got some good advice.
Last edited by simon redshaw on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

He has also said that he was misinterpreted by the press and that he is not anti English and that what he said was a joke. And that he likes Ricky Hatton.

If so, me thinks he needs some sort of PR person who will make sure he is properly represented or says things to the press that cannot be twisted. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm afraid this thread is typical of the British attitude of prematurely building people up so you can joyously knock them down again.

For Christ's sake he's a young tennis player whose world ranking is somewhere in the 40s.

Therefore:

Of course he won't win Wimbledon this year, why the heck should he?

He is a very good tennis player.

He is not a bleep bleep diplomat so don't expect soft pearls of wisom every time some twit shoves a microphone up is nose.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I don't doubt his skills - and yes, he is young, but I actually don't like the little so and so.

I guess that I have this old fashioned notion that sporting heroes should show some humility in recognising the sublime talent that they have been given.

And he should be the way he wants to be, don't get me wrong - it's his life, but he just comes over as an arrogant little

rhymes with

one hit wonder

OOOPs, sorry Iain

The litt'e ones might guess that one!
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I don't doubt his skills - and yes, he is young, but I actually don't like the little so and so.

I guess that I have this old fashioned notion that sporting heroes should show some humility in recognising the sublime talent that they have been given.

And he should be the way he wants to be, don't get me wrong - it's his life, but he just comes over as an arrogant little

rhymes with

one hit wonder

OOOPs, sorry Iain

The litt'e ones might guess that one!
Wattsman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Wattsman »

Especially as you posted it twice :lol:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

When you say rhymes with one hit wonder, would that be Althea and Donna?
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

He certainly seems to have rattled a few cages with his comments about England. I was sad to hear this morning, that some sick English idiots have posted nasty comments about the Dunblane massacre on Murray's website. What is wrong with some people? He's not English, why should we be remotely bothered if he doesn't support us?

I like the guy. He's a winner. Most winners have the odd petulant strop. Think of some of our own Tigers greats who refused to accept defeat and were quite prepared to be stroppy in the pursuit of trophies.

Go Andy. Hope he wins the thing.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I find it ammusing when a celt supports 'anyone but the English'. It just exposes their own (personal) sense of inferiority.

I support him as much as I would 'Tiger Tim' (and what's that name all about ?), he's British so I hope he does well. Same applies to the Irish, I would always pull for, say, an Irish golfer.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well said Gonzo.

Anyway usually when sportsmen are young and stroppy they mature into interesting people from a different mould.

Jimmy White, Ronnie O'Sullivan, John McEnroe etc.

Certainly more interesting than the thick clods who can only say: "Well that's sumfing you should ask my manager about."