Andy Murray

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Dailywaffle. Quite a reply that. As for who I support between England and Australia. I support neither, being neither English or Australian. As for the Portugal game I had a bet on Portugal winning the game by penalty's, so wanting Potugal to win was purley financial. I had a bit of fun with my English mate's on Sunday about the game. But din't lay it on too thick as I seen how disapointed they were. I wouldnt want to jepodise a friendship over a :censored: football game. I do have a bit of fun when England lose, but it's no different to the good humoured banter that comes with 'Irish Joke's'. I am expected to take them in good spirit, it should be both way's. you sound like a reasionable bloke, so I'm sure you can see that as there is a generilastion from the English that the Irish are thick, The Scot's are mean, & the Welsh are all sheep shagger's. Is it any wonder that they take a bit of pleasure in you losing. As long as it's all done in fun then it is no harm. :wink:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

As an Englishman, I have witnessed several major football competitions where Scotland and Ireland have been represented either with or without England.

On these occassions I, and seemingly all Englishmen, support the Scots and Irish as well as, (or in their absence, instead of) England.

It just seems churlish that this is rarely reciprocated by the Irish and Scots.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Hi stevetelcom

Completely agree, good natured banter is one of the best things about sport :D

I have never understood, regardless of nationality, why a minority of people have to take it further. Of course, our media doesn't help.

A shrewd bet - enjoy spending the winnings :D

Back to Andy Murray - clearly a good talent, but like many British sportsmen seems to lack media skills. I know he's young, but why do overseas sportsmen and women seem much more media savvy ? Stamina and fitness seem to be his on-court achilles heel.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

[quote="dailywaffle"]Hi stevetelcom

A shrewd bet - enjoy spending the winnings :D

Its already been spent buying all my English mate's beer. Easy come easy go.
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Tennis? It's not a proper sport though is it?

I mean, they get to have a second go if they don't hit the right place first time?
Imagine that happening at a rugby kickoff!

:lol:
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Allowing a second serve is a rather ridiculous outmoded rule and most reasoned tennis lovers think it should be removed eventually.

When though.

In the meantime, it does allow the camera to linger quite a bit longer on the shapely female players, so I'm all for it. :oops:
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

not a fan of murray, glad he lost today, thats my opinion which i am allowed to say without you all slagging me off, so bye bye murray yay :lol:
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I'd just like to say my condolences go out to all the people Andy the diot Murry beat, hes a complete idiot and a disgrace to the UK (for his comments and actions). I hate the guy and i'm soo soo soo happy hes out.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Just seems like a typical surly brat with attitude. They are everywhere.

Here speaks a grumpy old man!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I know a lad who came up through the junior ranks with Murray and was occassionally his doubles partner.

Apparently all along the way Murray was absolutely head and shoulders above every other British junior and a lot of this was down to his attitude.

In spite of this he was always encouraging the other juniors and supporting them in any way he could.

Think of other lads of his age, most of whom are in some red brick university doing courses in sociology with basket weaving. Shove a microphone up their nose and ask them to speak to the nation and what are they going to come out with?
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

i dont know if i like him either, the amount of times i saw him saying f*** off to the camera, or shouting f****** s*** to himself after making a mistake, where it is clearly visable on camera... its just a tad unnecessary
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I think him in genral is a bit unnecessary
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)