You're all Nottingham now!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

You're all Nottingham now!

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not sure if this news has hit Leicester yet, but the people here in Derby are going Radio Rental.

Ruth Kelly has announced that there are to be 8 "City Regions". These will be Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham and Sheffield.

Nottingham will include Leicester and Derby. There will be one elected Mayor who will look after the whole City Region much as Ken Livingstone rules over London.

Honestly, it isn't April 1st, it's in the Derby Evening Telegraph.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

so if leicester is now gonna be run by nottingham does this mean i have to attend the next tigers game armed like schwarzenegger in commando?
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

*sigh* why not? I mean, we've got "Nottingham East Midlands Airport" which is actually in Leicestershire but has a Derby post code.

I think I'll go back to my Terry Wogan podcast - it makes far more sense!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yes, that's what all the Derby folk are rattling on about. "Oooo Nottingham is all guns and drugs."

Like Derby is the blinking Garden of Eden or something.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

/me gets on internet estate agency sites and looks for property in Suffolk.....
Demelza - another Mother
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

those new generalisations are sure gonna hack some people off. people in oxford are now "bostiiiin", people in chester are "thieving scousers", people in leicester are "drug dealing gangsta rappers", people in boro are "deluded geordies", people in blackpool are ":censored: manc :censored:", people in rotherham are "inbred pie eaters" and dolores has an IQ of 3. well there's all my offensive generalisations out the the way. :wink: :shock:
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

does it matter really, it won't change anything, so a bit of a waste of time really :?
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

I'm suprised that this thread has not been locked yet with all the total garbage spouted on it already, redtiger do try to talk some sense at times, every thread you post on goes to pot
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

redtiger wrote:so if leicester is now gonna be run by nottingham does this mean i have to attend the next tigers game armed like schwarzenegger in commando?
You'd better if you want to fit in :P
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

tigerman wrote:I'm suprised that this thread has not been locked yet with all the total garbage spouted on it already, redtiger do try to talk some sense at times, every thread you post on goes to pot
thank you for pointing out that my comments are total garbage, tigerman. I will surely take that on board :roll:

Iain locks threads that get too long, or unwieldy, or become offensive for some reason. As far as I know there's no rule against talking occasional bilge on this forum.
Demelza - another Mother
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

I'm not picking on you Rizzo, most of the threads on here have gone to pot, so which ones should be locked & which ones should stay open, you tell me?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

tigerman wrote:I'm not picking on you Rizzo, most of the threads on here have gone to pot, so which ones should be locked & which ones should stay open, you tell me?
in my opinion (since I am not a Moderator or Admin) and going by the boards I use regularly (and have moderated) on other subjects; I'd lock

any thread longer than 20 pages.....would also delete same to save bandwidth. people can always start a new one.
any thread that contains name-calling, insults or abuse of players - would have said posts removed. Saying a certain player played badly etc is fine. calling a player fat/thick/useless is (IMO) not.
any thread that becomes overtly suggestive or sexual in tone or innuendo would also have a warning, then be locked if it continued. This is a family website accessible to youngsters, and thus the tone should be kept reasonably clean.
any thread or post that gives out personal details or personal/private information which is not really suitable for a publicly viewable message board.

I would not lock or delete idiotic jokey posts or threads (unless said jokes were offensive/racist/sexist) nor would I lock/delete for groups of friends having their own thread (unless it became longer than 20 pages). Even though my personal opinion is that such things should be done via private email or private mailgroup/MSN etc.

People have the choice not to read a thread if it doesn't interest them or apply to them, and occasional utter silliness isn't arguably a problem, I don't think.

That said, I'm not a Moderator or Admin here, so it's not up to me. I just gave m y opinion. And if you think some of the stuff on here gets to be garbage or whatever, you should SEE the stuff we wipe off the rock music board I've moderated! :lol:
Demelza - another Mother
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

tigerman wrote:I'm suprised that this thread has not been locked yet with all the total garbage spouted on it already, redtiger do try to talk some sense at times, every thread you post on goes to pot
swings and roundabouts tigerman. first to admit i do talk some complete gibberish but thats cause on most occasions i'm not a serious person, on some occasions people are having a clique and i don't feel part of it at all and sometimes i can put a serious thread on and it will descend into stupidity. i can't get into half these threads on here now but i just leave people to it. there's a million and one other things in life besides this forum.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

so why ruin threads by talking gibberish on them if your not really interested in them?
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Why derail a thread by posting why is another poster not taking the thread seriously? ;)
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."