Oi Iain

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I agree Debbie and I think its a shame that when some people are enjoying themselves it has to be ended!! :( :(

I know such a thread may not have ended to the advantage of newcomers but as I think Dolores (Cornish Tiger) said they had the opportunity to join but chose not to. I can though understand a reluctance on the part of newcomers if they feel a cliqueness. Talking of which there hasn't been many new people posting on the newcomers introducing themselves thread!! :roll: :roll: It has been mostly established users!! :wink:

I think that newcomers should be made to feel welcome but if they don't like a particular thread they can chose to ignore it or start up their own. I think by starting up their own threads they may become more comfortable in the forum. In any case we aren't ogres or bad people on this thread. Maybe write to a few people or just rub them up the right way!!

I agree with PhilB that it would be great shame if this forum went down because of people not feeling they can participate properly.

Its not meaning to have a go Iain but I don't want the quality of this forum to go down!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It is a hard task to be a moderator, and you're answerable to the Provider and the Club I would think, so no matter what you do, you're never going to be popluar with everyone on the forum!

Yes, this is Chit Chat, but some of the conversations and extended stuff posted could easily be done via MSN or email between groups of pals. It does feel like there's a private group exchanging "in" jokes or messages and exchanges between them that mean zip to someone outside.....I don't mean that nastily, I often feel excluded by some of the extended conversations that go off topic on various threads on this forum. yes, it is Chit chat - but as it's a rugby message board surely there has to be a vague rugby connection however tenuous? I mean we're all here because we are Tigers fans (although I have questioned the fandom of one or two on the main forum but we won't go into that :wink: )

What I'm trying to say is that the Moderators (Iain, gggg, Admin or whoever) have the right to delete or lock without explanation or reference, that's how it should work. Mostly they do give explanations though. And as I saw it, TJS left because of the sniping, bad mouthing and general grief he got from certain quarters on this message board.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Good points Jan. And I don't mean to denigrate Iain or to say that I could do the moderating better which I can't. I think Iain is doing great in general. Its just one or two things that many are worried about on this forum. I can understand that the mod can never be everyone's cup of tea!!

I understand what you mean regarding the extended conversations and I am as guilty as any but I think it happens because the people concerned have an affinity or enjoy the company of those that they are posting to. I come on this forum because I enjoy the atmosphere and have met many nice people. I couldn't do that in the same way on msn or its alternatives. This forum is much better. I have made some contacts through this forum and met a few people. I am sure many other people feel that way. Maybe people should write through the private messages more, I don't know.

I am sorry Jan if myself or anyone else through such conversations have made you or others feel excluded or anyone else for that matter. We don't intend it that way. And I can understand the other coin. I am sure many would like to do what they can to welcome newcomers also. Jan, I appreciate we are all Tigers fans but I feel the chit chat is intended to be something different to the rugby and light-hearted if possible.

I can understand what you are saying in your last paragraph about modertaing in general.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Jan, If you want someone to p.m. or whatever I am here. If you want to get away from the chit-chat. :wink:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I've explained why it was locked, reasonably I thought. Predictably I get the back biting from the usual suspects as a result. I could leave this open and listen to more back biting and sniping but excuse me if I reserve my right to lock this one as well. I think you've had your say!