Oi Iain

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

it does sometimes get rather silly, a la Camelot I suppose - and it's easy to go off at a tangent. I reckon if I'd been a New User, the Welcoming Party might have seemed off putting because I never like to jump into what seems to be a conversation between a group of friends. That's my opinion anyway.

and I may indeed be a pretend person. At the moment I feel very invisible...
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well thats my other point. For something that was meant to be a welcoming party for new users it was getting ridiculously cliquey.

The things I do are only ever for the good of the board. If anyone else fancies giving me a hand do shout up!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I like all the people on this thread, every thread, everyone in the World in fact.

HOWEVER. (Here it comes.)

I do sometimes go to a thread that seems to have an intriguing title, like "How quantum physics might prove the existance of extra-terrestial visitors".....

...... and by the time I get there it just consists of people typing:

"Hi hun, how are you?"

"Back at work."

"Shame."

Etc etc.

It makes me feel like I've interrupted two people chatting over a garden fence, and I don't feel like breaking in. As I am a very old user (well, 5 months) I'm prepared to drag the thing back on topic, but if I was a new user, I would probably pick another thread or just log off.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I couldn't have put it better if I tried!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Iain wrote:I couldn't have put it better if I tried!
Well I was trying to give you some support!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Good to know I DO have some sometimes! Cheers!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Ah well. I was trying to make new users feel confident and welcome though. That was the intention. Every page or so I'd make a comment about how none had turned up, trying to show that we were all waiting and welcoming. We couldn't just stand there in silence, pending, or the thread would have vanished to the bottom of the list.

Never mind. I will retire now with tail between legs. Bye all.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

oh please don't put tail between legs, Dolores! {{hug}}

I suppose it just boils down to what is posted at the top of the rock band message board I use as often as I do this one - "the Moderators can lock/delete any posts or threads as they consider fit without explanation." Believe me, I've done it and being a Moderator is a direct plea for people to hate you for one reason or another. :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Will you come back and wag your tail if I give you a Winalot biscuit?

I even have some of the black ones.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

well it looks like all of the chit chat threads on here are the same, but iain decides to lock which ones suit him, iain you are losing a lot of forum users already, tjs never did, so please don't always think about what suits you
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Also iain you put the newt to a vote, so why not all the others you want to lock or delete
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

True, but tjs was driven away from this site by the excess cliquiness of this site at times (as well as other reasons I understand).

Iain is only doing his (voluntary, unpaid) job and as he says, if you think you can do better, why not volunteer to moderate it with him?

If you don't like it you can always vote with your feet & chat elsewhere as this is supposed to be a Tigers website after all, not msn or bebo!
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

This is general chit chat, not the tigers fans forum, these are two different things, so if you don't like it you can post else where :roll: it does say none related rugby chat
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I have not read all of the posts on this topic;

However, Iain, once you start to lock threads simply because you are tired of them, then this will, eventually result in the forum going down down down.

Your job as I see it, is simply to ensure that people do not abuse one another, and all the stuff that goes along with that.

Beyond that - well nothing really.

Who cares if the/a thread is boring - not really your problem Iain.

And, I am sorry that I am having to write this - I have no agenda, I can assure you. You have an important role, please do not abuse it.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Let me just say that various aspects of my life have been slightly :censored: (sorry censor) over the last few weeks, and threads like the party one were the few opportunities I had to have a laugh. I'm sorry you had to close it, Iain - I think I can see why - but it was a simple pleasure I found enjoyable and, daft bat that I am, I miss it!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex