football (the most borin sport in the world????)

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I love football. I love rugby as well. As such I talk about both subjects a lot.

I find the Tour de France on the other hand a very dull spectacle. So I don't comment on it.

What really winds me up is not so much people not finding the football world cup interesting, but those who feel the need to wax lyrical about them finding it dull. Watch Coronation Street instead or something. Creosote your fence, maybe read a book. Meanwhile I'll watch the biggest sporting festival in the world up to and including the Olympics, and I'll enjoy it thoroughly!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

No one is being rude or insulting here though. I would agree with you if they were. We are just voicing an opinion. That's fine. If it tips into insult then that's out of order. But there are plenty of people who just can't find anything interesting about football, and they can chat about that if they wish...particularly as the country seems to treat us like freaks! We need to stick together.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Iain wrote:What really winds me up is not so much people not finding the football world cup interesting, but those who feel the need to wax lyrical about them finding it dull.
The whole 'Roundyball' thing is a bit of a self-righteous badge of honour for some people.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

There are plenty of pro football threads here though, so chat on them. This one is for those who just don't get it to have a chat. The only insults have come from the pro-football camp..a condescending "we should all go and watch Corry" (I hate soaps) we all drive 4x4's and wear Barbours (do neither - don't get me started on 4 x 4's!) and we are self righteous! Possibly!

We just don't like football. And we can say so if we like. :shock: It's not an insult to all football supporters - I'm married to a football supporter. I just find it really dull.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Just being a rugby obsessive for a moment, I'll go and watch Corry!!!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I love football but there's nothing wrong with a thread about hating it.

There have been threads about hating certain foods, Jade Goody (mine :D ), NTL, you name it....

It just provokes debate, that's all.

Now then Belper John, outside. Someone hold me coat. :D
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

DCat wrote:Just being a rugby obsessive for a moment, I'll go and watch Corry!!!
:lol: :lol: Nice one!
hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hodge »

im just sick of the diving in the sport its sickening

and the lack of exitement :P
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

DCat wrote:Just being a rugby obsessive for a moment, I'll go and watch Corry!!!
Is that Martin Corry? if so does he realise your watching him, otherwise it might be considered stalking.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

You sound more of an expert than me Hodge. I can only watch about 10 minutes and I'm about to slash wrists. All I ever seem to see is...ball goes left a bit, bloke on other team kicks ball right a bit. If you're very lucky he'll kick it to a team mate..who then kicks it left a bit, and then someone else kicks it right a bit. Someone rolls on the floor. Everyone stops. Man on floor miraculously OK. Everyone starts again. The ball goes left a bit, then someone boots it right a bit...someone may thump the ball towards a goal, but it never goes in and it all starts again. How can people watch it. And I look at my husband and he's yelling at the telly so excited....What? Which one of us is mad?
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Sorry BJ. I'll be fighting off villagers in the village pub at 4 pm Sunday, trying to save a seat for Miss Kinoulton 1982.

Silly bint has gone and organised an all-day dressage clinic and is going to be late for the match.

There's nothing worse than sitting next to an empty seat and continually saying "sorry, someone's sitting there".

And then you keep getting glared at until that "someone" actually turns up.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Could be your invisible friend, Kinny
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Kinoulton wrote:Sorry BJ. I'll be fighting off villagers in the village pub at 4 pm Sunday, trying to save a seat for Miss Kinoulton 1982.

Silly bint has gone and organised an all-day dressage clinic and is going to be late for the match.

There's nothing worse than sitting next to an empty seat and continually saying "sorry, someone's sitting there".

And then you keep getting glared at until that "someone" actually turns up.
Two tactics to employ here...

One bring her coat and buy her a drink. Switch seats every now and again. It'll look thoroughlt occupied

Two get her a stool and slip it under the table 'til she arrives.

Or do what we did for the Paraguay game and get a picture of Beckham & place it on the seat, if anyone asks for the chair stare at them incredulously and say "Where is Becks going to sit?"

One stool is perfectly acceptable...it's not like you are attempting to annex half the pub.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

And of course whenever someone says "is anyone sitting there" you always have to look at the seat before you give the answer.

Why?
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

But football can be dull especially when they just pass the ball between players for ages. At least there is more going on in rugby.

And anyway, football has taken over the tv. On bbc last night the only thing to watch was football on bbc1 or 3 and some other boring thing on 2. Does it really need to be on both channels???????
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)