football (the most borin sport in the world????)

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

football (the most borin sport in the world????)

Post by hodge »

is anyone else sick of the world cup already

if i hear one more person say that england could win im gonna smack em
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

aw give over!!! what a ridiculous post... why even bother posting this?! i guess your one of the 'barbour brigade' then? :evil: if you had have watched the croatia v aussie game, then you would realise that it is most definately not boring...

what a load of pap this post is... :? ... it only happens every 4 years. you should get behind your country.

personally i'm loving it and behind engerland all the way :shock:
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I was sick of it before it even started but I don't even understand football so hey hum!
I'll wait until next year :P
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

SilensFatuus wrote:I was sick of it before it even started but I don't even understand football so hey hum!
and that from the county that invented cheese rolling :roll: :wink:
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Great post James. :D :D And the Brazil vs Japan game was pretty good too!! Mind you I can't quite get Ronaldo's weight - he looks more like a prop forward. Certainly fatter than the other Brazilian players. He did score a few goals though!! :wink:
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

ulster_jamesie wrote:
SilensFatuus wrote:I was sick of it before it even started but I don't even understand football so hey hum!
and that from the county that invented cheese rolling :roll: :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Fortunatly I have never been. They're actually insane.
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i am actually enjoying the world cup. except for the absolutely ridiculous media in the states. now if you think the british media are biased, you should come to america. they think the sun rises and sets in the anal cavity of "TEAM USA", and to make it worse have absolutely no basic knowledge of the game at all. even their supposed experts talk utter drivel. i cant wait to get home to proper coverage so i can enjoy it to its full capacity! come on ghana!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i'm loving the world cup, and in one way i believe that is more exciting than the rugby world cup. why? because in football you actually never know whats going to happen. there is always of the chance of the outsider getting a goal, and managing to hold on to win. in rugby there is no chance of the minor nation winning. you get huge scores almost 100% of the time.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

BelperJon wrote: I was accused of being unpatriotic! I pointed out my patriotism is in no doubt as I served 14 years with the RAF and volunteered for service in the Falklands when everything went pear-shaped in 1982. They went very quiet after that
I would have loved to have seen that! I can picture what their faces must have looked like.

I'm not a football fan and I don't have paticularily strong feelings either way, I've seen about 40min of the world cup so far. I don't understand why people get so confused when I tell them I'm not watching it, even when I explain I'm not a football fan and I'm Irish.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I have a barbour, a 4x4 which I actually need due to off road equine stuff, and 2 dogs.

I love football as much as rugby and women's beach volleyball.

I rarely where the barbour because coats are for nancy boys. Discuss.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

If the world cup can get a pub full of Englishmen waxing lyrical about Argentina and cheering on a team of Aussies then it is truly a good thing.

It think it's been ace so far...most of the matches have been great. As Jess said you just don't get situations like yesterday afternoon where any team from the group could go out or go through...emerging footballing nations taking on the big boys.

It's wonderful...and so far the spirit of the game has been excellent.

The only downside is England's floundering.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

And well said also Stuart. Great stuff. I also think there is much unpredictability in football until I suppose the latter stages and its good to see emerging nations do well.

Congratulations to our Aussie cousins for getting into the second round!! And you have countries like Ghana in the next phase.

On the other side of the coin you have France. Look how far they have fallen since the 1998 World Cup! Probably won't even get into the next stage!

Its depressing to see England's floundering but I suppose what we come to expect. And with Owen out we are very short in attack. Erikkson was very stupid not to take Defoe and possibly another striker. What is Walcott there for? Just for a jolly boy's holiday!! :wink:

In fact for all Theo Walcott's there for, he might as well spend the evenings having a night out in the German pubs or discos!!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

How the French won a World cup AND a European Championship is beyond me.
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That's what I think also. They are pretty rubbish as a team at the moment. You have some very good individuals but they don't knit together as a team.

In fact about they only thing they have done of note since I suppose is beat us in the last European Championships!! :wink: And then they didn't last much longer!!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I am liking the world cup. When it's on during the day and you go out everyone you meet is so pleasant and happy and there's none of those :censored: flags. I make a point of going out becuase the atmosphere is great, everyone smiles knowingly at each other. The minute it finishes the world goes back to normal and it's such a pity.
Don't mess with The Mothers!