Best Rides and Roller coasters

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Best Rides and Roller coasters

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Just wondered whether you guys on the forum had any favourite Roller coasters or rides? I think Alton Towers is the best theme parks especially when you visit when there are hardly any queues. My favourite ride would have to be Rita Queen of Speed, but i love them all :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

any and all rollercoasters are fab!!!
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I love the water rides at thorpe park!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

nemesis. or oblivion. the big one is good too
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

What's Rita QofS like, then? My daughter's off there next week and we were discussing it. I said that any ride called Rita had to be tame. I have a nasty feeling I was wrong..

Air is more my thing. I don't like scary.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

:D Take a look at the advert. I'm sure your daughter will come back telling you different! 0 to 100 kph in 2.5 seconds the speed is amazing.

http://www.alton-towers.co.uk/themepark/ride_rita.asp
Tigers never give up !
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

OMG and you LIKE that? Wow. Respect and medication heading in your direction. :D
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

:lol: I don't remember my dad liking it as much as me, he was ill the day after perhaps that was the shock of being dragged on to oblivion though :?
Tigers never give up !
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i've been to both alton towers and thorpe park, and loved all the rides except Samurai
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

The big one at Blackpool is very good.

There is a runaway train coaster in a theme park near cologne which is brilliant.

And the rock and roller coaster at disneyland paris is excellent and very good just before christmas as there were no queues and we rode it about 10 times in a row. Mini spike wanted to see how many times we could go before we felt ill!!!!
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I've not done the rock 'n roller coaster in Paris, but the same in WDW Florida is great.

I too like the Big One in Blackpool, but for nostalgia I love the Grand National there - the first roller coaster I ever remember going on (thirty odd years ago ....).

Looking foward to the new 'Oblivion type' 'coaster in Busch Gardens - I'm off in 3 weeks. Yes ! :D
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Oblivion has to b one of the best, short and sweet but i love the way they hold u at the top and then drop u, its fantastic.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Blob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Blob »

Rita Q of S was awesome, i was at the front of the car, and my picture! My hair was horizontal, and hilarious. However, The Pepsi Max Big One is one of the best rollercoasters i've been on, and at the front of that! 45 seconds to get to the top, and boy is that a long time! They're all good! :D
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

ive never been to alton towers. i was in thorpe park when i was like 6, but i barely remember it.

ive been to disneyland and universal studios and all that quite a bit. all the rides are class there! the islands of adventure in universal studios in florida are the best for rollercoasters though. the hulk is absolutely brilliant. seriously good. fire and ice are pretty scary. but it has to be the free falling yoke like tower of terror that is most frightening! not even sitting on anything. just in mid air the whole time!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Blob wrote:Rita Q of S was awesome, i was at the front of the car, and my picture! My hair was horizontal, and hilarious. However, The Pepsi Max Big One is one of the best rollercoasters i've been on, and at the front of that! 45 seconds to get to the top, and boy is that a long time! They're all good! :D
Rita Queen of Speed is AWESOME, so fast, your sat there and about 100 metres away there is a bend as they shoot u off you hardly have tiome to realise your moving before you're going round the corner. It was awesome, the only critisism is its too short, its over in seconds but a good ride 0-100mph in 2.5 seconds.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)