Charitable Tennis donations

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Charitable Tennis donations

Post by simon redshaw »

In the one day internationals, there are donations to charities for every four or six.

I was wondering whether Tigers should not do something similiar with the upcoming Tennis challenge. That a donation is made for a certain top tennis shot like an ace to Cancer and other such charities. This would be one practical donation that the club or whoever else could make to remember the life of the wee man and to help so many others.

Also in other tennis events, such charitable donations could be made.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

As a follow on to my idea, I have emailed the Tigers admin to enquire about such donations and asked them to pass it on to the relevant persons.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Like the MH Fund?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Yes, donations could be made to the MH fund also but I think some money should go to helping Cancer etc.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I have just had an email from Sam Rossiter-Stead and spoken to him on the phone and though he said Tigers don't specifically have any causes that they give out money to except for such as the Matt Hampson Trust as I understood they would be happy to help Jack's family with sending signed goods etc. and he asked for suggestions in which people could help. He said he had very much followed Jack's plight.
Last edited by simon redshaw on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Well Done Simon (and Sam). :D :D