This Saturday evening..again

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

This Saturday evening..again

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

As you all know I spent last Saturday evening at the Charlotte. Not wanting this site to become a 'What I do on a Saturday night' forum. Can I just say. This Saturday I will be watching Ireland A against the saxaphones or whatever they are called now. It would be nice to watch it in a pub somewhere. Any suggestions of a pub south Leicesterish that will have Rugby fans in watching the game. :D
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Red Arrow in Lutterworth is usually a decent shout but alas the World Cup will almost certainly prevail. You might struggle to see it in a pub.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Iain. But surely in a Rugby City like Leicester, with all those St Georges flags flying all over the place. You would think people would want to watch the England Rugby team..Even if it is their 2nd string. With Jennings captaining Ireland as well. Looks like I will be watching it at home. At least the bveer from the shop across the Road is cheap :lol: Between Tigers & Munster we have a good few Internationals on duty this weekend. In both full & A squads.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I'd have thought so too.... not just the World Cup, it is all year round you can struggle to see rugby if it clashes with football.
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Iain wrote:I'd have thought so too.... not just the World Cup, it is all year round you can struggle to see rugby if it clashes with football.
I work in a pub on a Saturday that has sky sports but they are sad football fans and even if a main rugby game is on, they watch horse racing!!!!. (The Barley Mow at Castle Gresley). Don't go in on a Saturday afternoon.

However, The Woodman at Moira near Swadlincote will put rugby on at any time, unless there is an International Football game on. (groan). Sorry, I hate football.

Good luck in watching it Iain. If you can't find a suitable pub then there is a music and real ale festival on at The Trap in Barrow Upon Soar. I shall be making my way there on Saturday evening for some falling down water.

:lol:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
RoyalBlueStuey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RoyalBlueStuey »

Walkabout bars generally have a some screens showing one thing and others showing another. Plus the Antipodean staff are generally a bit more rugby friendly.

Don't know if that's any help.

Or you could join Ashby getting leathered on flagons of real British ale.

SB
Everton is the dominant species. I am Everton
http://garstontowers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/garstontowers
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

So.. Barrow in Soar...Where is that? is it far from Loughborough Railway Station? Or has it got its own railway station? Do they have a bylaw outlawing drunken
Munstermen singing 'Stand up & fight'? Will The Trap show the game? If not is there somewhere on route that will? What is the meaning of lfe? Why are Munster so good? Why am i so damn handsome :wink: So many questions..so little time... Whos round is it anyway?
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:So.. Barrow in Soar...Where is that? is it far from Loughborough Railway Station? Or has it got its own railway station? Do they have a bylaw outlawing drunken
Munstermen singing 'Stand up & fight'? Will The Trap show the game? If not is there somewhere on route that will? What is the meaning of lfe? Why are Munster so good? Why am i so damn handsome :wink: So many questions..so little time... Whos round is it anyway?

All handsome irish men will be most welcome. :lol: Barrow is a little village not not far from Loughborough. The only bylaws they have that all handsome Irish men attending the festival must be single and capable of buying at least one round of their own. .........

I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow night now!! :roll:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:So.. Barrow in Soar...Where is that? is it far from Loughborough Railway Station? Or has it got its own railway station? Do they have a bylaw outlawing drunken

All handsome irish men will be most welcome. :lol: Barrow is a little village not not far from Loughborough. The only bylaws they have that all handsome Irish men attending the festival must be single and capable of buying at least one round of their own. .........

I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow night now!! :roll:
Just 1 round Now theres a novelty...Is there anywhere local that will be showing the game? If so it will be worth a trip.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

There is a train that gets to Barrow upon Soar 10 mins before kick off. If I can find a pub showing the game I will give the Real ale festival a go..The game is my priority.. :lol: