Chavs

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

what about all those things you've told me on msn!!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Re - taking the rise out of chavs, but not black or white people:

The point is that fate determines what race, colour, gender you are and for most people determines their religion. So don't mock anyone for that.

But when I was young and grew my hair long, I knew exactly what I was doing. I wanted to associate with other people with long hair because (at that time) they reflected my values.

I KNEW that growing long hair would bring ridicule and discrimination from some people (bar staff were the worst) but I never moaned because it was my choice to look that way. Equally I was much better received at a rock concert or a party then, say, someone who looked like a young Conservative.

So all the chavs can admire each other's naff looks and I'll choose to despise them in the same way I always hated mods, skinheads, and new romantics.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

On the subject of Chav's. Does anyone know what the word Chav stands for :?:

It is an Acronym if tht helps
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

its stands for alot of things the one i heard was:

Council House And Violent
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

BelperJon wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:On the subject of Chav's. Does anyone know what the word Chav stands for :?:

It is an Acronym if tht helps
Mrs BJ tells me it stands for CHeltenham AVerage. Evidently this was a name the girls of Cheltenham School gave to the young local males who weren't at the front of the queue when the grey matter was dished out.
Cheltnehamers don't like that! Ive got a lot of friends in Cheltenham and they're all quite hardcore and I take the michael. Of course then, I get the michael taken to from being from Gloucester!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not quite an Acronym that guess, but a good try I suppose. It is something a bit more general.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Is it Chuffin Horrible 'Ard Vagabonds?
Don't mess with The Mothers!
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

jus say it
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apparently It came from the police who would use it in radio messages....
Council House And Violent :lol:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Apparently there are also some Romany derivations - chavi meaning lad and charver - prostitute. There is also a latin etymologyical derivation of chav from "schiavo" (meaning low-born or slave) Some people think it is a short form of Chatham where a lot of chavs first congregated.

OEd have put it in their new dictionary as defined- chav, "a young working class person who dresses in casual sports clothing".

:lol: doesn't sound too bad in those terms does it. And I have decided to keep telling my son off. It is a form of social snobbery, and I don't feel comfortable with it.

The jokes were still funny though :D
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Chavs

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Went to a pub the other night to play pool (I was a stand in). The opposition were all very young chavs and I thought "Oh God"......

I played my game and won and the guy was really upset to be beaten by a woman. They were all as good as gold after that!! (and loved it when I kissed them on the cheek instead of shaking their hand)!!

Bless!!!!!! :P
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:Apparently It came from the police who would use it in radio messages....
Council House And Violent :lol:

Sorry, but that's not true. It's just an explanation that has been made to fit the pre-existing word. The Cheltenham Average, Chavi and Charver explanations pre-date the police-band communication suggestion by quite some time.

There ARE some acronyms commonly used by the police though to describe certain classes of society, my personal favourite being TGB, to describe "members of the Traveller community", but I'm not going to expand on it as it would not get past the language censor!
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

Dave Angel wrote:my personal favourite being TGB, to describe "members of the Traveller community", but I'm not going to expand on it as it would not get past the language censor!
ha-ha!!! :lol: fairly easy to work that one out dave... brilliant! :lol: :wink:
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

first time I heard the word Cahv being used it was in a very very very old episode of
Only Fools And Horses, Boycie used it to describe Marleen, When you look at how she
dresses and the chavs of today the boot definately fits. :D

For the likes of cornish tiger - I envy you, as it seems you life isn't plauged by this
new breed of vermin. The area I work is heavily populated by Chavs, which make my
working day quite interesting, but they really are dumb, it's like shooting fish in a
barrel.

check out www.chavscum.co.uk or www.cecimoz.co.uk some of the pics and film clips
are quite funny/scary
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I went to visit Leicester City Council. Where I parked, I was alarmed to see three teenage chavs having a real row as they walked down the street. It was starting to get a little violent.

What was worse was that the fourth member of the group was a slightly older man who was pushing a child in a pushchair and had two toddlers walking behind him.

It was bad enough that these teenage chavs were shouting and pushing each other in such close proximity to three such young children, but then, incredibly, the older man joined in the argument, goading one of the lads, saying: "Are you going to let him get away with that?"

At no time did he appear to look back to see if his two toddlers were OK.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!