METALLICA ROCK!!!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hodge »

yer but u cant actually hear wat any rock bands are sayin

its just all :censored:
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

I'd actually be inclined to agree with that Hodge bloke. Metallica certainly used to rock, they quite clearly do not anymore. As a spectacle, like the Stones say, they're worth a look, but musically I'd rather be listening to the new Hope of the States album or eagerly awaiting the new Muse album.

I saw Bon Jovi in Coventry (my girlfriend is a huge fan, not me!) and good god they were awful. A formerly average band making obscene amounts of money playing average tunes, probably one good albums worth in an entire career. They covered 'Rockin' All Over The World' for chrissakes! As for the Levellers! Dear, dear me. Perhaps if I lived in a Caravan, but even then I'd still prefer the sound of howling dogs and motorway traffic.
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

'download' is on kerrang on sky digital at the mo... (channel 354)

happy moshing y'all :D
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

:D Excellent. If Sammy and Hodge don't like them then they must be great! I've never agreed with anything either of them have said yet! :wink:
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Cornish Tiger wrote::D Excellent. If Sammy and Hodge don't like them then they must be great! I've never agreed with anything either of them have said yet! :wink:
:lol:
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

ulster_jamesie wrote:'download' is on kerrang on sky digital at the mo... (channel 354)

happy moshing y'all :D
Oh I wish I'd seen it, drat. Thanks for telling us anyway :D
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Bon Jovi are brilliant! A true rock band.... that *don't* sing about death and drugs. There's a novelty. As their 9th album proclaims "one hundred million Bon Jovi fans can't be wrong" ;)

On the other hand, all that metal all sounds the same. Just drums and guitars at full volume, enough to deafen people, whilst some person usually dressed entirely in black screams loudly into a microphone. It's nothing short of painful, and in my book not particularly creative.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

Cornish Tiger wrote:Oh I wish I'd seen it, drat. Thanks for telling us anyway :D
will probs be repeated loads cornish :roll:
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

IsraeliTiger wrote: all that metal all sounds the same. Just drums and guitars at full volume, enough to deafen people, whilst some person usually dressed entirely in black screams loudly into a microphone. It's nothing short of painful, and in my book not particularly creative.
Oh Israeli, but have you heard Fade to Black and Nothing Else Matters? They are really pretty. I agree with you with bands like Stone Sour and Slipknot etc, and even Iron Maiden gets on my nerves, but Metallica are great because they are such skillful musicians, and sing with such passion and edge. They do great heavy songs, which I love but perhaps you'd hate, but they also do really pretty ones. And some almost blues (Ronnie) I'm not into drugs or biting the heads off babies, but I love Metallica (in case anyone hadn't guessed) That dirty slow riff that starts Some Kind of Monster is just the best noise ever made.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

If you don't like a type of music, like I can't stand jazz, country & western, or any of that old Sinatra style crooning stuff, then it does all sound the same.

But as for metal, which I like a lot, I love the heavier stuff like Black Sabbath and AC/DC but I really can't get into the glamour boys of Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Kiss etc etc. It's only slightly removed from The Sweet. And at least The Sweet didn't take themselves seriously.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Gosh, would anyone call Aerosmith and Jovi metal? I've always assumed they were more pop rock, but these labels are all a bit confusing really. We've just been talking about Bon Jovi here and my daughter likes them, but I find them a bit lame. Not saying if Living on a Prayer came on at a party I wouldn't leap up and jump about like a good 'un, but it's not something I would actually want to listen to in any other situation.

I think it's great that people like different kinds of music though. It employs a lot more musicians than if we all liked the same.

Love your Hendrix Kin. He definitely rocks.
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

cornish im sure download will be repeated randomly on music channels in the next few weeks dont worry!!
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

IsraeliTiger wrote:Bon Jovi are brilliant! A true rock band....
Thats your opinion, of course. But, if ever the word mediocre, or phrase 'middle of the road' was invented for a band it would be Bon Jovi. They are so old hat its unreal. Sambora, without a doubt is one extremely talented man though. I have the utmost respect for that guy. Another reason to hate them is that they sell their hoodies for 75 quid at gigs.

Im not entirely sure what the music scene is like in Israel but you can do better than Bon Jovi. Get with the times...
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Hendrix does indeed rock.

You won't get Manic Depression at many weddings.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

100%rugbygirl wrote:cornish im sure download will be repeated randomly on music channels in the next few weeks dont worry!!
Thanks Kate, have checked Kerrang, and I've just missed one half hour show, but there's another at 9. Trouble is spouse hogs the satellite in the eves, perhaps he'll watch the roundy ball though so I'll be OK.