hay fever

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

hay fever

Post by mrsmoody »

anyone else get it?? tis driving me crazy have been inside most of today to try and 'control' it. nothing i take helps and im constantly sneezing... makes my throat and nose sore :cry: and to make it worse i live in the country with fields out th back of my house :x

and dont get me started on the eyes... once you rub once, thats it... have to lie down with a cold flannel on my face!!

makes me dread/ hate summer....... i envey those who dont get it sooooooooo much :(
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

aww no! luckily i havent been that bad in my exams, just when im at home! had a sneezing fit a few moments ago and my eyes are going all puffy. not looking my best at this time of year! constantly have my big black sunglasses on :P

Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

It started affecting me about 6 years ago mmaybe a bit longer and it does my nut. I take medication which works to a certain extent the nose spray stops the runny nose but it just blocks up with solid stuff then, my skin never gets itchy because i'm on tablets which also help my eyes but my eyes are ususally the worst thing, they can be fine all day and then suddenly just get bad, and i try not to icth them. I usually have the will power, the thing is though it just feels as though you have an eyelash in your eye or something but theres nothing there and your eye just gets worse, so the best remidy, Optrex and then close your eye for 20 - 30 mins or longer, or just go to sleep, i use it as an excuse for mid day naps. The worst thing is if my eye gets bad my parents avoid me because i am the most moody person in the world. I snapped the ohter night at my dad, so badly i went mad over him saying what time is your exam in the morning. HAY FEVER + SIM = ANGRY, HULK SIM, GRRRRRRRR

RANT OVER
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

I get hay fever really badly. Have had to sit my exams in a room by myself as where we do them is right by our 6th form garden and with the windows open soon sneezing itchy eyes etc. Have got eye drops from the doctor which have really helped and also take the syrup stuff. Was also told to hve a teaspoon of local honey to help - apparently it helps as it builds up ur immume against local pollens or something like that!!!!!!!
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

I get sneezy later in the summer - think it's oilseed **** (that's me, don't want to annoy the censor). But at the moment, the heat rash is driving me up the wall! my hands and feet look like a cartoon of someone who has measles! I can't wear my rings and wake up in the night scratching. Aargh!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

I don't normally get it, last time I did was 2 years ago during my GCSEs but I've got it quite bad this summer.
Which is fun because I go to an agricultural college and work at a stables! Attempting to do x-country yesterday with stinging eyes was interesting considering my vision isn't very good anyway!
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Yeh i can imagine that was well interesting, my eyes got bad yesterday night and they're starting to feel a bit ichy today but my eyes always get bad toward the end of the day i wonder if its because the medication wears off??
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

it's totally destroying me!! woke up at 4 this morning to have my 4th nosebleed session of the week, all over the bed covers, so not had much sleep, as i'm writing this feeling very tired and ratty there are kids in a garden somewhere close by with two of the most screamingist little brat girls i have ever heard, splitting my ears in two. my right eye is stinging badly and i have absolutely no energy to do anything whatsoever :roll:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

My hayfevers been really bad today, my nose just wont stop running and my eyes are really itchy. Dreading tomorrow, feeling uncomfortable in a stuffy exam room. Local honey is supposed to be good for you like you said Ollie Smith Rules, my dads been taking it most of this year which has made him more immune to the pollen and hasn't been feeling as bad.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

I also seem to get nosebleeds as a result of blowing my nose too much. Had two small ones this morning when I was out. Hayfever becomes worse in the evening as pollen in the air starts to settle.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

my god you guys - you all sound so yucky!! bless you - apparently go the docs n they can give you an injection which helps to sort it out - according to one of my mates mates who had it done - seems to have sorted him out

otherwise runny eyes slightly n a few sneezes for me - but my mum suffers really bad with it

it will soon be over - kinda

hannah - sunglasses sound like a fab idea
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Thankfully i do not suffer from it and in my line of work i get coverd in pollen every day and poor wife has to wash overalls , I have tryed to stop her and let me put them in washer but when i have a shower she nabs them , I have heard a lot of old wife's tails about hay fever but the only one that works for my wife is going to the sea side and living in the middle of leicester that problem , she has tryed to eat local hunny but nothing seem's to work for her , She is on a new drug from dock's but that is not working sorry ??????
is growing bonsai a big thing
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I've had it really bad today and the one good thing about getting older is it's supposed to go away. Humph. Itchy eyes and heat rash are really horrible. I find the Citirizine/Zirtek pills work well but you need to take them in early May before the symptoms to make them work - and every year I think "I won't bother, I must be growing out of it this year" Optimistic!

Good luck in the rest of your exams, fellow snifflers. I remember that so well. My sister had a nose bleed all over maths exam and they had to give her a new paper!
Don't mess with The Mothers!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

mines been awful today. had to go and sit in the car for like 10 mins ith the aircon on full! my eyes were sooo swollen at one point i could barely open them so i hid behind my glasses and watched the tennis (anyone else watch the mens final? nadal is soo yummy!!!) then the second half of the rugby!

earlier though i was trying to fish the pollen out my eye... has made like a film across it :? couldnt get it out and got really fristrated so rubbed them like mad, put a cold flannel on them, now they are just sore! grrrrrr making me hate summer!!! will have to weeks of no-hayfever bliss as of this time next week :D :D :D :D :D

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I am struggling something fierce with hayfever today. Been playing cricket and deteriorated massively during the game. Probably explains why I have been like a bear with a sore head on here tonight!