Why did it have to go

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Thanks Sim. :D :D

I hate to see folks unhappy and I could see you were getting upset.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Not so much upset but annoyed and patronised by the forum staff. Well actually let me be blatent Iain.

BRING BACK tjs10

In fact Iain while you're having fun playing with the gadgets and all on the forum and setting up polls and stuff can we have one to see how many want tjs back??
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well unfortunately he won't be back. He had his fill of people getting on his back for either no reason or for trivial reasons. Rather like this as it goes! Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

Some more info on the memory issue. Sotic needed all unanswered posts deleted recently as memory was being drained. They had to go in and delte all threads over 6 months old that had not been replied to in order to free up disksapce and at the time commented that a thread such as that one was having a huge impact on the memory usage.

Now surely Sim, you really can't be THAT upset? Just forget it and make discussion instead!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

TJS 10 (Tim) won't be coming back for one thing, as a mod. I'm sure of that reading from what he said. So there's no point in wanting him back.

Iain volunteered as a mod and has his own way of looking after the forums. Regarding the polls, I myself have volunteered two already and so Iain is willing to accept ones pmed to him, as well as those he has set up himself.

Sim, I can see you are not at all happy with Iain, but wouldn't it be better to try and get along with him at least? Talk with him in a pm or whatever and try and explain your problems more.

Iain is our moderator he is here to stay and I think he is doing a great job myself.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Iain, you've said it better then me!! :wink:
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

a couple of fans i spoke to on the way up to twickers said TJS was having lots of fun on the unoffy, so good luck to him there. i think iain is doing a good job, he put the NEWT to vote and gave it plenty of time for interaction from every faction, which ultimately can only lead to satisfaction, so sim i fail to understand your reaction. right i've run out of words that rhyme now.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

He got rid of the NEWT
I don't give a hoot
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Oh dear. Sim, mate, get over it. Iain cant make a much more reasoned argument than that!

Iain seems a solid bloke and a decent mod, lets not be complete idiots and get rid of another decent mod because of something so silly and petty.

Its a sunny day kiddo, now the NEWT has gone you can enjoy it. Live your lives people!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Sim - sweetie - we have important issues of national security going on at the airline. Turn your attention there and try to forget the NEWT. Chin up.

PRETEND airline?
Heavens Iain. I think we are providing quite a valuable tigers asset. We have fighter jets. And busses. Don't mess with K&E group.

All you people missing NEWT need to join K&E. CV's on my desk asap.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Me and Iain are talking in private to resolve our arguments so i would appriciate it if it was now kept private between me and Iain.

Sorry just wanted to sound all important, but we are actually talking about it.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

so why make it public in the first place :? :? :?
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Because i did, and now we had an argument we're soritng it, well sorted it. But its a forum why shouldn't i make it public in the first place, my intension was not to have anhuge argument iwht Iain but simply ask him, and so other people could add and agree or disagree with Iain, then it turned a bit nasty. Thats why i made it publice, do you have a problem with that??
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

nice one sim good to see you're trying to sort it. i have only ever seen tigerman post to complain about something :roll:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

simple question that was all, but i shall post what i wish redtiger
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Me too and that asnwers your question doesn't it tigerman. Thanks redtiger, btw how are you i haven't spoken to you in ages?
(Keeno n' Sim Group)