New users introduce yourself here.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Good grief! Canada in January!

I went to Edmonton in May and the Saskatchewan still hadn't thawed out much.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

welcome, Ronnie - although you're not exactly a newbie cos you've got a few posts under your belt.

Edited because I forgot I am now a Moderator :lol:
Last edited by Rizzo on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

You're NOT supposed to use this thread for idle chatter, Annono moddo! Really, behave! :wink:

I am kidding.. :lol:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

oops, forgive me - still new in my title and role! :oops: :wink: Bad me! I should go back and edit....
Demelza - another Mother
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Oh no don't! I find this thread so weird because all these fresh eager young souls come on and tell us all about themselves, and we're not allowed to say hello. All the ones that posted and got completely ignored because no-one dared must feel so unloved!

So everyone - We love you really we're just not allowed or the thread will become too long and hard to moderate.

I'll shut up now. We need a zippy mouth emoticon...
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I don't really see why anyone can't say hello, how are you, welcome etc (or indeed where it was stated we shouldn't?) I think perhaps what was meant was to try and keep the introduction thread from going off topic (as many of the others do :wink: )

by all means - say hello to newbies, or people who've introduced themselves here, welcome them aboard, etc. Hopefully that's what I am here to do as well as moderating generally.

We need plenty more emoticons - I personally use :X for a zipped mouth :)
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

And when, prey, does a woman EVER zip her mouth?
wills_#1fan!
Super User
Super User

Post by wills_#1fan! »

i was quiet for half an hour at my mates house over the weekend when we were watching a film
If we never meet again,
Think of me every now and then!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Gagged, presumably?
wills_#1fan!
Super User
Super User

Post by wills_#1fan! »

no... but i had already been told off for fidgeting so thought i should be quiet
If we never meet again,
Think of me every now and then!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kinoulton wrote:And when, prey, does a woman EVER zip her mouth?
frequently - so as to avoid endlessly having to point out to various males the error of their ways and the mistakes they are making or have made.
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yes women always claim we've got things wrong when we haven't.

The only reason we don't point this out is because, at the end of the day, we want to sleep with you and not be in the doghouse.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kinoulton wrote:Yes women always claim we've got things wrong when we haven't.

The only reason we don't point this out is because, at the end of the day, we want to sleep with you and not be in the doghouse.
and the former is unlikely, the latter inescapable.....
Demelza - another Mother
Outlander
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hello from Minnesota, USA!

Post by Outlander »

You may wonder what a guy who lives in Minnesota is doing on this forum. Well, a few words of introduction.

My son was a sophomore (American) football player in high school who started talking about how he was being asked to play rugby on a new club formed at the school. I thought that sounded dangerous, but in March of 2000, I trudged out into the cold spring rain to watch him play. I was completely baffled by what I was looking at. Increasingly, I began to realize what a great game I was watching.

Now, Chris was dang lucky. He was being coached by a man who had played and coached at the highest levels in England. This coach formed a brand new high school club into a powerhouse that in its 3rd year finished 5th in the nation at U19. I know--5th in America is not like 5th in england, but the coaching was excellent.

Well, I started figuring out to some extent what I was seeing and watching a few tapes of test matches. Chris' coach had lots of connections in the English game and once handed out some pamphlets from the testimonial season of the A-B-C club. I started reading about them and becoming interested in Leicester Tigers, following them and the premiership on the UK newspapers via internet.

I was able to get England's major World Cup games on our satellite dish and taped them. I still watch them occasionally.

Last year, Setanta Sports became available on our dish, so I watched a lot of rugby during the spring and summer. I became able to watch actual Leicester games, which was cool. So, now I can form a bit of a sense of what people are talking about in the articles and rugby discussion boards.

As a guy who played American football for 8 years and has watched it since the mid 1960s, I will say that rugby is indeed a grand game. What I really appreciate about it is the room for creativity. I notice that, when rugby people talk about the best players, they invariably talk about precisely that--creativity. That's really a wonderful characteristic for a sport.

Well, cheers to Leicester Tigers and their fans. And cheers to England: here's hoping the club/country conflicts can be resolved and Brian Ashton can unleash the quality in the England team in time for the 6 Nations and the World Cup!
Just a Yankee looker-on from afar.