Big Brother

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Why did Bonn-eh keep calling herself that when she first introduced herself to everyone and then changing it to Bonnie when everyone went "huh?" Closet southerner? Or multilingual?

And wasn't touchy feely guy annoying!

Sorry, but I just love Big Brother. I love the fact that 10 mates can watch exactly the same stuff and come to 10 completely different conclusions about what they saw. Fascinating. It shows so much about a person's prejudices and upbringing and gut reactions and tolerance. I would prefer it if the people weren't so outrageous, but I think that's what most people like, so never mind. Me and my daughter are going to watch it quite a bit. I've moved in pretty limited circles most of my life (private school, university, job in publishing) and I find it really interesting to try and get inside the heads of people who I would never normally get the chance to get to know. I'm sure it makes you more understanding. So although I agree with you BJ - I'm still going to watch it. And "lowest common denominator"! That could have come straight out of the mouth of my mother! :wink:
Don't mess with The Mothers!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Am I right in thinking that the East Midlands has provided two wonderful, well rounded, articulate housemates ...... Lea and Bonnie ! Makes you proud, doesn't it ? :roll:

What do we think about having a Tourette's sufferer on (I'm assuming Pete isn't an awesome actor) ? I must admit that I have a real problem watching him ..... this is a serious condition, but surely not one for public entertainment ?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The fact that everyone is talking about it (negative or not) means that the show has achieved its aim. It is a waste of your life for 1 hour a day (or more if you watch it live !) when you could be reading a book, cleaning the bathroom, or doing some exercise....but it is strangely addictive. Bit of a freakshow this year though, and I already want to kill Bonn-ay !!!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

dailywaffle wrote:Am I right in thinking that the East Midlands has provided two wonderful, well rounded, articulate housemates ...... Lea and Bonnie ! Makes you proud, doesn't it ? :roll:

What do we think about having a Tourette's sufferer on (I'm assuming Pete isn't an awesome actor) ? I must admit that I have a real problem watching him ..... this is a serious condition, but surely not one for public entertainment ?
i know what you mean it is a serious condition but we all laugh at all of the other house mates Jade Goodie etc i know her only conidtion is being thick as two short :censored: planks but ppanty of other people have been laughed at so i on't see that its any different besides he wanted to go on the show so he can't mind it really.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

is BB affecting your revision sim?? :wink:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

no i didn't watch it last night actually because i was ill sort of so i went to bed at 7 o'clock. i had 12 hours sleep last night. I feel great this morning. but it may well do. i may have to ban BB as well for a while, i have two geog exams coming up on Friday and i have to learn 6 case studies so a lot to take in.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

that's four times as much sleep as me!! that's pretty good, wish you luck with geography i dropped it in third year after getting 29% in an exam.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
BO'D is GOD
Super User
Super User

Post by BO'D is GOD »

i think i used to go to school with bonnie.
Irish rugby groupie.
allez les bleus!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Really :D In Loughborough?
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
BO'D is GOD
Super User
Super User

Post by BO'D is GOD »

yeah but i am more articulatly spoken than her so plaese don't take that as how all people from or that went to school in Loughborough talk.
Irish rugby groupie.
allez les bleus!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

not that i've ever watched big brother.....

but can anyone tell me how anyone can be 'brought up' in a way that means you feel that you can only drink bottled water?
Is tap water life threatening?
Is tap water put in a bottle [such as that coke experiment] alright to drink?

I would like to commend the BB cheifs for hitting the spot with what will no doubt be yet another few weeks of frenzied viewing. medical problems and a girl that won't drink tap water [is it because she doesnt liek the taste?]......what a public we are, what a public we are!

i shall be striving to stay away from it, no doubt i will fail!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

Sorry, when i said coke, i meant coca-cola, because obviosuly c-o-k-e refers to a certain substance as opposed to the fizzy drink that is the capitalist symbol.

Talk about Big Brother forum moderator interference! Where's my freedom of speach dammit! If i want to say coke i'll say coke!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

why can i say dammit and not coke!?
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Wow, 4, you should apply to go on. Do you ever cross dress or anything interesting? :D
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

BO'D is GOD wrote:i think i used to go to school with bonnie.
BOD don't shout about it she is a mong she can't even say her own name, "my names Bonnerrrrrrrrrrrrr", (Inquisitively) Sorry, Bonnerrrrrrrrr????? "No Bonnie" well for goodness sake you silly cow why didn't you say that in the first place.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)