Is this the most complicated forum ever?!

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerssteve

Is this the most complicated forum ever?!

Post by tigerssteve »

I'm new to the Tiger's forum, but use various others. I accept that I'm old and a bit of a Luddite but heck it's complicated to use! Threads are impossible to follow. Posts are endlessly repeated. I can never decide who said what or how to reply. Sorry guys but my life isn't going to be long enough to use something this hard to navigate.
Redstripeman

Re: Is this the most complicated forum ever?!

Post by Redstripeman »

...I have made several comments to the mods in regards to traversing this forum but have not received a reply after some months. Surely a pointer to this Technical Forum would have been appreciated but to not acknowledge my concerns seems to be a feature of this site.
I have asked previously if the fans forum could be set up so any new post can be accessed should you leave and come back to a topic. The ability to pick up where you left is a great asset and I have to try to remember roughly where I was and having to re-read post to get to where I had left the conversation.
The layout is confusing and I feel claustrophobic. I use the Leicester Foxes Talk Forum and that is light years ahead of this Tigers forum and I feel there is no reason not to try to emulate what they have achieved.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Redstripeman,
Apologies but I have not seen your commetnts and agree at times it is difficult to follow a thread. We try our best to keep topics in one thread but there are some which are slightly different and have other discussions.
Please send a PM to me if you have any concerns and a response will be provided.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Six months in and no clearer. I find it impossible to follow a thread and discern who said what and when. The original post gets repeated so often that it's hard to remember where the neck you started. I'm sure you guys work hard at this, for probably no reward, so I feel mean saying it but, rather like the team, it needs sharpening up and better discipline.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm Redstripeman,
Apologies but I have not seen your commetnts and agree at times it is difficult to follow a thread. We try our best to keep topics in one thread but there are some which are slightly different and have other discussions.
Please send a PM to me if you have any concerns and a response will be provided.
Sent a PM to yourself, not too sure if it actually went as I browsed to find your name in the PM message tab but it did not add your name in the recipient box. I also typed your name in the box as another exercise but still not sure if that went as I could not see that it had been sent.
This is such a poor forum, messy and more convoluted than it needs to be.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

...I follow Leicester City on the Foxestalk Forum and it is light years ahead of this Forum.
My biggest gripe is that I wish to enter a topic at the position where I was previously, when I come back to the topic. You just want to scream !!!!
I would suggest you just take a look at Foxes talk even for a moment, sign up and use the Forum to experience the relative ease of use.

PS.
This is for the Technical guys on this Forum as feedback!!!!!
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

...would be nice to have some kind of feedback from our replies.
This forum just does not appear to be monitored or a case of total indifference.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Redstripeman, the forum has in the last 12 months has just gone through an update. Tigers are one of the few Premiership Clubs that have an official club forum which is very active. Most clubs have chosen to user other social media such as Facebook and Twitter. As far as I am aware this format will remain for the foreseable future.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm Redstripeman,
Still waiting for some kind of feedback and would like this forum to enable me to come back a topic where I left it without having to trawl through countless post. It just makes you want to find another forum that is less problematic!!
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

.. just read your feedback from June as I have not monitored this topic as I would have expected a response to have been in the form of a DM.
I am aware other clubs in sport use third party platforms but there is no reason you should not be looking at what is out there. You may find that they are more cost effective than you might expect!!
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

....recently replied to a topic and received a reply that a recent post had been added and I may need to revise mypost. I chose not to amend my post and clicked "submit".
My post disappeared and I could not find a way to retrieve it. Is there a way to find a post that has disappeared?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

You can click on your profile (top right corner) and look at what user posts you have made. If you cannot find it in there then there is no way of knowing where it has gone or retrieving it.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

...really glad to see that you can now go into a topic at the point you last visited and this enhances the use of the forum no end.
Without going over the top, is it possible to have "likes" that could be apportioned to post without someone having to actually post in support of a comment.
I notice the lack of post made in respect of topics and although this could be down to the people who are aware of this site but I feel the addition of a "Like or Dislike" button would help to facilitate a better and more free flowing experience of which we would all benefit from.
As I have previously stated I use the "Foxestalk" Forum and a 20 page topic is quite common and the only way your page numbers reach those numbers is because you are dealing with a topic covering a whole year or more.
I note you are rationing Emoticons but with a default icons available the sight are in control of the amount of Emoticons that can be used.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Redstripeman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:28 pm ...really glad to see that you can now go into a topic at the point you last visited and this enhances the use of the forum no end.
Without going over the top, is it possible to have "likes" that could be apportioned to post without someone having to actually post in support of a comment.
I notice the lack of post made in respect of topics and although this could be down to the people who are aware of this site but I feel the addition of a "Like or Dislike" button would help to facilitate a better and more free flowing experience of which we would all benefit from.
As I have previously stated I use the "Foxestalk" Forum and a 20 page topic is quite common and the only way your page numbers reach those numbers is because you are dealing with a topic covering a whole year or more.
I note you are rationing Emoticons but with a default icons available the sight are in control of the amount of Emoticons that can be used.
All standard emoticons eg 🏉🐯 I believe are available the list above typing is just additional ones
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

will you PLEASE change the settings so that when I click post it actually posts instead of showing the new posts since, I'm having to press post 4 or 5 times when its busy, I'm quite capable of going back to read them