Time on the forum.

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Time on the forum.

Post by Bill W (2) »

My home radio controlled clocks automatically adjust for BST/GMT. My mobile phone automatically adjusts. My computer automatically adjusts. The clock in my car automatically adjusts. I grant you my watch does not - but it is over 30 years old!

Why cannot the forum?
Still keeping the faith!
Hiron
Tiger Cub

Re: Time on the forum.

Post by Hiron »

Four clicks of the mouse and I've changed the time from UTC+1 to UTC. I don't feel it took up too much of my time and energy.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hiron wrote:Four clicks of the mouse and I've changed the time from UTC+1 to UTC. I don't feel it took up too much of my time and energy.
8300 forum users. 4 clicks each. 33200 clicks. 1 second a click. Even at minimum wage that costs a lot!!
Still keeping the faith!
Hiron
Tiger Cub

Post by Hiron »

This forum is used globally, not just in the UK or your little corner of Essex. Not every part of the world observes DST and those that do don't all change on the same time and date. Therefore, for it to automatically switch to and from DST, it would need to be programmed with the different times and dates (if applicable) for every country plus it would have to interrogate each member's settings to see if a time change is required.

Alternatively, everybody can just make four clicks unless, of course, that's too much effort for them.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Whatever it is my mobile 'phone picks up, and my car picks up and my computer picks up and my home clocks pick up to tell them that I am in this little corner of Essex why cannot the forum pick it up to? My phone is a tri band - works all over the world - and my car is sold all over the world too!
Still keeping the faith!
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

I run a couple of forums and there is no automatic way of them changing the time on them