What I'd really like ...

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

What I'd really like ...

Post by DickyP »

I'd just love it if a spell checker could be attached to the Topic editing dialogue. I really, really hate the standard of spelling in the posts. At one stage I inspected 25 posts and counted 92 mistakes! :smt013 :smt013
Rizzo

Re: What I'd really like ...

Post by Rizzo »

It has been mentioned before, but is not an option at present. There is no reason why people couldn't copy and paste their post into a word document and spellcheck it there if they want to do so, many simply aren't bothered and we could not force people to spellcheck posts even if there was such a function on here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

DickyP wrote:I'd just love it if a spell checker could be attached to the Topic editing dialogue. I really, really hate the standard of spelling in the posts. At one stage I inspected 25 posts and counted 92 mistakes! :smt013 :smt013
Get a life, im sorry but have you honestly got nothing better to do than INSPECT mistakes on a post :smt017
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

chinnjamie, this is a forum for people to post requests and technical breakdown reports. Please don't use it for discussions.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

chinnjamie wrote:
DickyP wrote:I'd just love it if a spell checker could be attached to the Topic editing dialogue. I really, really hate the standard of spelling in the posts. At one stage I inspected 25 posts and counted 92 mistakes! :smt013 :smt013
Get a life, im sorry but have you honestly got nothing better to do than INSPECT mistakes on a post :smt017
Chinnjamie - This is a serious technical request which does not warrant obnoxious throwaway comments. There are three important points to be made:

1. If you are going to post to a technical forum you should be sure of your facts - hence my quick check of errors.
2. The check did not take long - approximately 40 seconds using Mozilla tools!
3. However, most importantly errors alter meanings and anything to prevent them should be used.

Even more important though is the realisation that as long as I remember to use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer to browse the forum I have, of course, got a built in spell checker!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."